Random WIP 2006-2011 - Page 65

Random WIP 2006-2011

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

smoth

Post by smoth »

awesome. Can I get a CC: atri and gpl from you when I get them?

Aka say it is cc and say what you want and gpl and what you want. I want to be sure and cover the people at least in the readme, we planned on a GPL and CC release.
TheBigPK

Post by TheBigPK »

azaremoth wrote:If it get's an appropriate texture it would fit ARM nicely imho...

I played around with teamcolors on grey - if you use a moderate grey the results are quite nice:
those look awesome /drool
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

knob gun ftw
kujeger

Post by kujeger »

Learning wings3d (and modelling), attempting to make an AK. I don't think it's too bad, but please tell me if I've done anything terrible!

edit: front and side
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

Well the body and the arm look ok to me but what's up with that crippled leg (and especially foot)? How should the AK be able to stand on that? He would just fall on his face immediately... :wink:

You really should redo the leg and maybe also rethink the leg concept - it looks very strange when that 2nd from top limb suddenly goes backwards and even up... :mrgreen:
kujeger

Post by kujeger »

[Krogoth86] wrote:Well the body and the arm look ok to me but what's up with that crippled leg (and especially foot)? How should the AK be able to stand on that? He would just fall on his face immediately... :wink:

You really should redo the leg and maybe also rethink the leg concept - it looks very strange when that 2nd from top limb suddenly goes backwards and even up... :mrgreen:
I just haven't decided if I'm going to make the foot like in the sketchout, or if I'm going to just make it a platform, so that's why it is a stump right now. :-)

As to the leg itself, I'll try some variations.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

I'd model the seperate leg parts in one piece. Looks good though.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I like it, but are you willing to swap the arms out for triangular prisms again?
chillaaa

Post by chillaaa »

Warlord Zsinj wrote:knob gun ftw
It's alway phallic based jokes with you isn't it?!?

Good looking shizzle BTW
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

Model: .wings, .obj

Based on http://www.caspring.org/wiki/ConceptArt

Criticism welcome, and if someone is interested in using it, I can UV map it for you.

I would release this under CC by-nc, version 3.0, however I do not know if I am allowed to, as it is based of concept art not drawn by me.

EDIT: Ah why not, I release this into the Public Domain, do what you will with it :-)
Last edited by Maelstrom on 06 Dec 2007, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

The main thing that is wrong with it, I think, is that it isn't SWS work ;)

Otherwise, I really like the way you've detailed the turret. I do think the base looks a little unresolved; I'd imagine it would look better as a turret on a tank.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

The cylinder on top of the turret base looks way off, you shouldn't have deformed the rear that much, just offset it. By the way, I would unwrap it before doing any changes to it for a non-deformed UV map. Cylinder mapping it later doesn't really give the same result. I got used to unwrap objects before deforming them (slightly) for better UV maps.

The interior of the gun could've been straight to the bottom (the bottom most vertices) and the barrel clips in slightly. Also I'd place the gun tip at a cut short z-value (i.e. 8.75), makes the task of setting origins up much easier later.

Other than that it's pretty clean and looks good to me.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

for something im working on.

same model, different texture (and a slightly different uvmap)
kiki

Post by kiki »

I like the trax from the first one, good for animation!
ianmac

Post by ianmac »

[Krogoth86] wrote:Well the body and the arm look ok to me but what's up with that crippled leg (and especially foot)? How should the AK be able to stand on that? He would just fall on his face immediately... :wink:
I just made a LEGO modle with legs just like that and the trick is to have the lower part of the leg longer than the upper part and have the foot more under the mane part of the body.

P.S. look at some pics of the arbiter on google, that works.
P.S.S. I can post a pic of my LEGO thing if any body wants.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Looking good.

federation vehicles. One more to go.

rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

smoth

Post by smoth »

awesome, how many replacement treds are you using?
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Four, I unwrapped the treads so they use a 48x512 strip at one pixel from the bottom and offset each copy by 4 pixels (0.0078125 units) because one frame is 48x16.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

they're like little baby tanks <3

Return to “Art & Modelling”