Random WIP 2006-2011 - Page 341

Random WIP 2006-2011

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Re: Random WIP

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

I wanted to do something along those lines, but then also have buildings going up, above the camera to make a 'coruscant' type map for IW. The two big thing stopping me were the amount of feature work needed, and the large feature clipping problems.
Wolf-In-Exile

Post by Wolf-In-Exile »

bobthedinosaur wrote:Wow Wolf. What game is that for?

Z: Are you using a fog to fade out the bottoms of the towers and can units fall?
For a rts called Men of War. Well more RTT than RTS.
FLOZi wrote:15k tri model for an RTS? I hope not. :lol:
I noe rite, lol. Not my modelling anyway, and i didnt have time to optimise it. :P
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

We joined our forces together with behe and been doing this for some time. As you see It's near finished - thank god. However, lot of things can be still changed. We are open to suggestions...

screen00049.png
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
screen00051.png
(855.95 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
thesleepless

Post by thesleepless »

SirArtturi wrote:We joined our forces together with behe and been doing this for some time. As you see It's near finished - thank god. However, lot of things can be still changed. We are open to suggestions...
To be honest it's looking a bit too Starcrafty, but it could be fun!
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

thesleepless wrote:
SirArtturi wrote:We joined our forces together with behe and been doing this for some time. As you see It's near finished - thank god. However, lot of things can be still changed. We are open to suggestions...
It's not a secret that It's very much Starcraft influenced, but if that's the only sin, I don't see why not try the concept for Spring games. I'm pretty optimistic it will work well...
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Wolf-In-Exile wrote:
bobthedinosaur wrote:Wow Wolf. What game is that for?

Z: Are you using a fog to fade out the bottoms of the towers and can units fall?
For a rts called Men of War. Well more RTT than RTS.
FLOZi wrote:15k tri model for an RTS? I hope not. :lol:
I noe rite, lol. Not my modelling anyway, and i didnt have time to optimise it. :P
MoW is a great game. 8) But you should still slap the modeller round the face. :o
Godde

Post by Godde »

SirArtturi wrote:
thesleepless wrote:
It's not a secret that It's very much Starcraft influenced, but if that's the only sin, I don't see why not try the concept for Spring games. I'm pretty optimistic it will work well...
Starcraft maps have huge chasm because they need a way to have barriers against Banelings, Reapers and Collusus aswell as drops. Chasms is also a way to set a map border only usable by air. That also makes air able to harass and attack the main bases from all directions while ground units must be dropped directly in the base.

In spring dropping units inside a huge chasms will make them almost useless as they can't attack the enemy from there. Exceptions are the commanders DGUN, spiders, dominators/merls/diplomators. Most ships will propably be unable to lob cannon balls onto the highground so sea play will most likely be obsolete.

Cliffs can be used abit like starcraft except that units ontop of the cliff need to go to the edge of the cliff to fire. I noticed that the Janus had a targetCylinder making it able to fire alot higher than it can far. Inconsist targeting methods in mods can cause problems for maps with huge chasms and cliffs.

The advantage is propably that air units can attack and drop the mainland from all directions making diffrent "map borders" for land and air units.
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

Placing the features:

Attachments
screen00062.png
(1.22 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

nice :)
maackey

Post by maackey »

:shock:

very nice, looks professional. I'm excited to see it ingame. (any idea when that might be?)
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

man this looks jummy. is this a special mod to place the features on the map ingame?
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

manolo, its smoth's featureplacer. awesome stuff.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

manolo_ wrote:man this looks jummy. is this a special mod to place the features on the map ingame?
He used Smoth's Featureplacer that is built into EvoRTS.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

so i assume that its a dummy-mod that exports the features in a new map-file or how is it working? im just asking, i have no itention in making a map
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

I wish to present a slightly polished turd:

Free cookies to anyone who can guess whats different (besides the screwed up rotations of a few textures).

Gota

Post by Gota »

pheeeee looks great.decided on metal map yet?
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

They're s3o?
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

aaaaaaand?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

seems bit more shiny for me, but thats probably coz of spring settings.

btw lol wtf i dont know one of the buildings on this screen xD
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

getting warmer

Return to “Art & Modelling”