Random WIP 2006-2011 - Page 68

Random WIP 2006-2011

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

DZHIBRISH

Post by DZHIBRISH »

liked the model and texture.. but if your not peased with the "face" i say just strech the yellow thing.

________
|_______| make it look like this..maybe even a bit thinner and get rid of the face feeling all together.
Snipawolf

Re: Random WIP

Post by Snipawolf »

Heh heh heh. Two and a half hours of work (counting me play testing SB with peet twice) to make this. I nicknamed it the Seeker because I really couldn't think of anything else to call it currently.

778 faces. I could optimize it more, but it is a nice first try for an airplane. (Actually, my second or third, I forgot. This is the first plane I have done in months, maybe it isn't too hard to model them after all.)
kiki

Post by kiki »

What is it for? It looks like it could be some cool gunship or transport for core in a TA mod. It also looks like something from Gundam.

Its very cool. THe front fender thing could be some sort of weapon itself, looks like something suitable for lightening.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

With several additions and changes, it is up to 942 triangles.

It is for my own mod/game. It will fill the role of close air support. More or less, its job is to sweep though the field destroying resistance. If you are going through a defensive line, supplement your army with these. In times of need when you don't have a ground force capable of destroying the AA, these can take the job, provided the enemy doesn't have many fighters roaming about.

Also, about it looking Gundam-ish, that is probably because it has a lot of parts and pieces, coupled with fairly small wings for something of its size.
kiki

Post by kiki »

looks even better now. keep up the good work. btw, what are u planning to do for texturing this?
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Planning for texturing? Not sure, I may deviate from the blue/metal/team color mix of ground forces for Humans. I would've answered sooner, but trying to boot windows on a comp with no floppy or CD/dvd drive is challenging, it has consumed all of my time recently.
Treeform

Post by Treeform »

jethro remake
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

for something im somewhat working on... not sure if its ever gonna turn into something. heavily modified from one of Fangs GD helicopters, under 500 tris with just the skids to model.
kiki

Post by kiki »

Snipawolf wrote:Planning for texturing? Not sure, I may deviate from the blue/metal/team color mix of ground forces for Humans. I would've answered sooner, but trying to boot windows on a comp with no floppy or CD/dvd drive is challenging, it has consumed all of my time recently.
lulz
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

Thats an OLD GD helicopter.. prolly sad of me that I recongized it immediately..

whatcha doin with it if I might ask?
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

0.173 ^_^

just messing around. it had the general requirements of the base i was after, that being 1) teh shape/style of the helicopter and 2) not being full of holes and missing facesi think the only part i havent changed is the rotor spindle x: (not to say its a bad model, i was just after a diff look)
kiki

Post by kiki »

Whatcha doin with it, if I may ask also
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

Pressure Line wrote:0.173 ^_^

just messing around. it had the general requirements of the base i was after, that being 1) teh shape/style of the helicopter and 2) not being full of holes and missing facesi think the only part i havent changed is the rotor spindle x: (not to say its a bad model, i was just after a diff look)
for clarity.
smoth

Post by smoth »

LOL.
Argh

Post by Argh »

All I have to say about that one is that it's a very faithful and accurate re-creation of a really terrible, slapdash design.
smoth

Post by smoth »

oh, wait until I get around to this one: Image
Argh

Post by Argh »

That one is cute- like an 8-story metal gorilla with rocket-launcher nipples, and more rockets where the brains should be. Good stuff ;)
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

:lol:

I didn't write the text or anything i know how you forum mods love swearing :P
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

smoth wrote:Image

LOL.
you know... that control booth thingy at the back appears to be directly above the tracks in the anime/manga, maybe sticking out a little. but looks great regardless :D
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Machiosabre wrote::lol:

I didn't write the text or anything i know how you forum mods love swearing :P
LMAO

Return to “Art & Modelling”