Random WIP 2006-2011 - Page 280

Random WIP 2006-2011

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Neddie
Community Lead

Re: Random WIP

Post by Neddie »

Masse wrote:
Neddie wrote:I'm not at all offended. There are legal concerns, however, for instance in Germany the distribution or use can be punished with imprisonment or a fine, see Strafgesetzbuch § 86a. It may also be illegal in Poland and Brazil, depending on interpretation of local laws.

Due to the potentially strong German player base and to avoid controversy elsewhere we elected to omit the swastika from 1944 - I don't believe it was an easy decision, since we have a commitment to a significant degree of realism and historical accuracy, but it had to be made.
"If your offended don't download" was directed to everyone.
There have been fair amount of movies that have swastika and the swastika can be seen in the internet or on tv. There is no need to censor it from Damned.
I'm not certain I'm getting through on this. In Germany, the swastika can't be displayed legally, whether on the internet or on television. The German players who comprise an element of the audience of Damned are unlikely to give a damn, but whoever distributes or displays Damned in Germany will be legally culpable. I'm trying to say that including it is either going to put a fraction of your potential players at legal risk or remove them entirely. This is your decision, I'm just trying to inform you of the problem.

Anyway, enough of the side discussion. I look forward to the next few work in progress shots - I've been flipping through the SVN here and there since FLOZi started helping you, so you could say I'm following closely. :wink:
gonna add bling bling gold chains made of swastiskas around the necks of all human robot like units, big enough to be seen from far far away... also it is now decided that the fourth side will be evil lawyers from outer space who mutter mental phrases in legalese and they're armed with heavy criminal codes which they bitchslap you with

funny that no one objected that the swastika and eagle were reversed
I hate being Serious McGrim. Actually, if they're reversed, you might be fine... I didn't notice, to be honest, since both elements were a little distorted. Another fourth side, please. :regret:
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

What if they made up some new 'space swastika'? What's the rules on derivatives?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Minefields: Dont tip toe through if its quicker to go around
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Your analogy is bad and you should feel bad.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

We're talking about swastikas, is there any analogy that isnt supposed to make you feel bad?
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Your analogy didn't make any sense, it wasn't a valid argument for what you thought it was. They are supposed to be space nazis.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

more goodness
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

rattle wrote:Image
more goodness
What role does that fulfill?
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

...fucking bad day pomrgfsdg
Last edited by SpikedHelmet on 04 May 2010, 05:10, edited 1 time in total.
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Due to the potentially strong German player base and to avoid controversy elsewhere we elected to omit the swastika from 1944 - I don't believe it was an easy decision, since we have a commitment to a significant degree of realism and historical accuracy, but it had to be made.
Actually as lead art type dude it was my decision and one based solely on the fact that I hate Nazis more than anything in the world.

8)
Your analogy didn't make any sense, it wasn't a valid argument for what you thought it was. They are supposed to be space nazis.
IMHO there should also be a giant furnace unit in which you chuck people in by the truckload to make power. If anyone complains, just say they're space jews and it'll be alright. Also, space rope hanging from space trees, and the Ku Klux Space Klan.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

ok, this is my first model so be gentle, lets call it skeeter remake (these things at back are AA turrets, didnt add much details there, textures will do rest of the work)

made with blender, tons of love go to Kaiser for teaching me a lot about modelling <3
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

Sausage

Post by Sausage »

Wombat wrote:ok, this is my first model so be gentle, lets call it skeeter remake (these things at back are AA turrets, didnt add much details there, textures will do rest of the work)
made with blender, tons of love go to Kaiser for teaching me a lot about modelling <3
Looks nice but lots of unnecessary polys. If its for spring then you might as well just kill all the detail and make all your circle shapes into square shapes cuz spring sux
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Neddie wrote:
rattle wrote:Image
more goodness
What role does that fulfill?
looking cool I guess
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

Still not quite happy with the legs. Might need to make them smaller. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Ah, think I got it. It's the upper leg part; it's too short, so the rest of the legs have to really cramp up together to make it balance.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

That's just silly now.
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

So is that guy leaning forwards or facing backwards? I'm going to guess leaning forwards. The level of detail is impressive, but I think the orientation of the legs is a bit silly. But, that's up to you. The legs do look a bit large, at least their... knees.
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

Been fiddlin' mah proportions, yo. I think I've got it, or at least it's better than it was earlier, anyway. Trying to get these damn things a decent range of movement is a bit of a bitch, design-wise.

Bruce: Silly in what way?

For the curious, tricount is 2567 (1415 in quads)
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

Wow the last one looked ridiculous but this one looks kick ass. Hire some french guy to do your walk animations, and make this mech a fast runner.

I really like it go you!
Sausage

Post by Sausage »

Tribulex wrote:Wow the last one looked ridiculous but this one looks kick ass. Hire some french guy to do your walk animations, and make this mech a fast runner.

I really like it go you!
make it jump and kick ppl too

Return to “Art & Modelling”