Random WIP 2006-2011 - Page 102

Random WIP 2006-2011

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

LordLemmi

Re: Random WIP

Post by LordLemmi »

some more of my models, the 1,2,3,5th model´s i ever made :)
A little alienpowerplant.
A big alienpowerplant.
A Oilpumpstation.
I guess you see what this is, yay go tanks!
comments?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Could you upload to another imagehost? That particular one loads images at 1 or 2 a minute..
rcdraco

Post by rcdraco »

Texture them. Besides that they look great.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

round 3. im not 100% sure what more to model and what to texture :/
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

Add a long pointy antenna to the top of the vehicle (about halfway between the turret and the front part, and shifted to the side so it doesn't prevent the gun from firing forward) - it looks too plain now. I'm not sure if the antenna suits your idea of what this is meant to be, but a human military scout vehicle is very likely to have it.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

yes, antennas kick ass
rcdraco

Post by rcdraco »

Nuff said.
overkill

Post by overkill »

Draco, you would be amazed how much those models could look with a decent texture. You could start with adding somne metal areas instead of just flat grey. If you actually want to learn how to do this, PM me.
rcdraco

Post by rcdraco »

It was said before, I texture it how I want, that's why it's my mod and not yours. Spring doesn't play realistically, so why should the units look realistic, I'd rather have fun making my mod then have to spend hours texturing it and for the same gratification of having nobody play it. I hate realism, fantasy is how I live, I'd rather texture like this then be Mr D any day.
overkill

Post by overkill »

Who said anything ANYTHING about realism? I just said they would look much better with a non-MS paint texture. They way i think you could do it wouldnt tanke much time at all! Wellit wont after you get used to doing it (1-2 days of texturing).
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

rcdraco wrote:It was said before, I texture it how I want, that's why it's my mod and not yours. Spring doesn't play realistically, so why should the units look realistic, I'd rather have fun making my mod then have to spend hours texturing it and for the same gratification of having nobody play it. I hate realism, fantasy is how I live, I'd rather texture like this then be Mr D any day.

Oh you rebel 8)
smoth

Post by smoth »

not as bad as coffee dispensers.
overkill

Post by overkill »

IMO it is :P
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

rcdraco, what are the two maps you have used for the first and last few screenshots?
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

rcdraco wrote:I hate realism, fantasy is how I live, I'd rather texture like this then be Mr D any day.
So you call that fantasy... right, fairy tanks... like totally.

What I'm more curious about is how much time do you spend on doing your textures, because wings can bake the texture (edges and material colors) in a single click.
LordLemmi

Post by LordLemmi »

^^ Teslaaaa xD
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Warlord Zsinj wrote:rcdraco, what are the two maps you have used for the first and last few screenshots?
The first is DigSite, its a bit like DSD and has DSD's textural abnormalities.
The last one is Tumult, one of hunterw's.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Argh

Post by Argh »

Not too shabby :-)

I'd accentuate the upper surfaces a bit more- either preshade them lighter, or darken the lower surfaces and sides. Along with the lighter colors on the greebles, it'll make everything really "pop" and feel 3D from above.

And I'd make that cannon "round" by using the Recalculate Vertex Normals, 3DO Style feature of UpSpring- an angle of 61 degrees should work.

I assume it's blue-gray like that, because of teamcolor? I'm not sure I care for that, tbh, but meh, we all know I hate teamcolor. I just think it'd look really terrible if it was, say, orange or pink. The blue works, because it ends up looking vaguely like dark blued steel, but I think warmer colors won't look nearly as nice.

Return to “Art & Modelling”