Arm and Core logos - Page 2

Arm and Core logos

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

I haven't made any large insignias due to the fact that there is currently no demand for them.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

You Neuralize have one shortcoming here! Spring needs logos and insignias for everything wether it is in demand now is not relevant, for it will be in demand at some point in the future, and it is best done now, people here have an 'I'll do it when it's needed approach to' things and it is really a stagnating factor in this project and I am dismayed to see it. For all you out there who have an idea tell us about it and do it, dont sit back and watch it fall apart while we drift off, and fgs stop flaming people for opinions some of you, it's like the USA with their patriotism, any word of discontent against the government and your accused of being unpatriotic as one person said.
Last edited by AF on 29 Mar 2005, 06:29, edited 1 time in total.
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

oaky altantia fierstar yuo win b/c yoru soo smrat and your steroytoyping of the usa is soo unopinated adn wrea all replubcvan elephants thaat want money and pwoer.
weth├é┬Àer (wĕTH'ər)
n.
A castrated ram.

[Middle English, from Old English.]
Last edited by Neuralize on 29 Mar 2005, 06:33, edited 2 times in total.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

you just dont get it, firstly I was not stereotyping the american culture I was quoting an american friend, secondly I expect better from you than to behave like that.
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Hehe, yup.
jouninkomiko

Post by jouninkomiko »

alantai, shuttup. you're not on the team, so stop pretending like you know what we need.

neuralize, thank you for giving what we ask for. they look as good as they are useful.
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

Eventually, after some fun public alpha version of spring is released with the bare minimum, you'll probably want the whole battleroom/client with everything the same style.

As it is..

and

Don't relate so well.

However, if the Spring team wishes for their first release with graphics in the same style. I can give you several options... of color, texture, brightness, shading, grudge, but such would require a chat session of sorts, or maybe uh.. some cheese. Mm.. cheese.

Or
You can just be like, "Uhh.. make everything in the same style, whatever your style is."
Or
I'm getting ahead of myself, and I should just stop that. :p
jouninkomiko

Post by jouninkomiko »

right now i'm not too worried about the style... only the bare necessities. for instance, i needed a place holder of a certain size which would be PERFECT if it were an arm/core logo at the same time, and i needed images for a 4 state button that does not exist already as a windows control. If you make newer versions of the arm/core logos and that button for instance that we like better... by all means, they'll get used! as soon as the functionality approaches more of what we want in the end product i'll move to stylizing and making things look better.

Note: the new logos look cool!
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Ahh... 3d modeling is the future. If you have something 3D modelled and texxed, it looks nice at any size, any angle. Resize some pixel art to 500x500 and see if it retains its appeal. Once mine are textured, they'll be suitable for virtually anything the team needs.
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

Okay.

Pixels are needed for transparent gifs, the only reason I used the pixel method in my first set of graphics is because icons in list view mode are characteristically transparent, and perhaps for the first few versions of spring, pixelated core and arm icons would look optimal in the very windowesque GUI.

My latest batch of graphics were created from Vector graphics, which are much more manageable, and are infinitesmally more detailed than a three deminisional model, as their curves are derived from mathmatical equations. Thus, making them very easy to resize, still retaining their perfect curves. It also takes about 10 seconds to create them.
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Isn't a 3d model vector art? :lol:
jouninkomiko

Post by jouninkomiko »

if you use splines, yeah.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

I think there all OK, but theres nothing exciting. The original ones could be made in 3d anytine, what would be cool is ones that are fully 3d not just extrapolations. I may have a go at some...

aGorm
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

Well, I am a jack of all of these trades, so it doesn't matter.

Mm.. vector programs with 3d rendering plugins..

graphics tablet + ham = wawawawa
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

:shock: Thats not fair! You've got a ergonomically superior graphical input computational tool, with which to express ones visualisations of the world of spring!

oo I typed that with no mistakes, whats the world coming to............
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

That's not fair! You've got an ergonomically superior graphical input computational tool, with which to express one's visualisation of the world of spring!

:P
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I missed out an n??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

All is fair in love and Spring.
amekkawi

Post by amekkawi »

I love you Warlord Zsinj!

I've been thinking of starting an organization to help translate Alantai's posts into something that is understandable, but I could not secure the necessary funding.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Make me a f*cking spellchecker why dont you

Return to “Art & Modelling”