Decals for skins

Decals for skins

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Erom

Decals for skins

Post by Erom »

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself... loved TA, think spring is revolutionary, but you won't see me playing during my school term.

Like to spend my free time doing things with pixels. As sort of a introduction, here:

Just some icons sized to fit on 32x32 textures. They are here for the TA:S community, use em if you like em(I know this isn't much) I might note that I've noticed a lot of people on these forums supporting newer forms of making skins than the old TA style, which is why these aren't on a background. They're designed so you can use (graphics program of choice) to copy em off the sheet there and drop em into your skin whatever method you use, for a little spice.

I hope that this first set shall be the tip of the iceberg. More sets shall be added to this post/thread. Since I mentioned that, what would be more useful to you guys:

1) Same format, more symboles. Stars, shield, some TA-esque geometric logos...
2) Different sizes. Should I be focusing on 64x64 or 16x16 stamps?
3) Things other than logos. Some packs of Greebles or something.

Thanks!

EDIT: Forum image tags are hard. I R dumb.

New stuff:

Hatches-
Last edited by Erom on 26 Apr 2006, 00:00, edited 2 times in total.
Argh

Post by Argh »

Very cool, thank you. Greebles, especially mechanical stuff, would be most welcome.
Erom

Post by Erom »

Glad for the response. Hatches would make a nice set, do that next I think.

Difficult thing about mechanical stuff is that you often want that to match the feel of each unit individually, where as decals are something you want consistent accross an army and thus are nice to just slap on there. I'll give it a shot though, see if anything worth a mention comes out of it.
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

If you make enough of them, people will just use yours so things WILL be consistent across the whole mod. I agree, make lots of greebles. People will find use for them somewhere.
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

Those would be kinda nice as rank symbols, let each player choose his set.
Cheesecan

Re: Small gift

Post by Cheesecan »

Welcome friend and thanks for the contribution & effort!
Dunno if I agree with you that spring is revolutionary though, I'd rather call it evolution.

Cheers!
Erom

Post by Erom »

Added some hatches, feedback is welcome.

Big project coming due at university, so I probably won't have time to do another sheet until the weekend.

-Erom

PS- Cheesecan, I would consider spring pretty revolutionary, not from a gameplay or feature standpoint (where, you are correct, it is a logical evolution from TA) but rather revolutionary as a major achievement in open source gaming. The SY have something quite impressive here, and the community is filling in content nicely too.
Erom

Post by Erom »

:x

My copy of photoshop has decided that it no longer likes to make new files, due to "a program error".

I appologize for making you all wait, one shouldn't start a thread unless one intends to use it.

Return to “Art & Modelling”