New front page for Spring! - Page 3

New front page for Spring!

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

aGorm

Post by aGorm »

I was going to do some designs this week, but my monitor packed up. I realy can't bare trying to use photoshop at 1024 x 768 (spare monitors res) when Im used to 1600 x 1200 so I havn't been able to do anything. Worse still I just found my new monitors been indefinatly delayed, possible for 3 weeks! So I probable can't do much till then.

aGorm
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I dont agree with Molloy. Spring wants to attract users, adn the best tool for doing that is imagery.

Also Games sites, and magazines arent linking to spring, instead they're linking to mods, and there's no identifiable way fo downloading mods from looking at the frontpage save community enws, which cant hold everything spring has to fofer.
Zenka

Post by Zenka »

Well, it's true the sites need to be prevented from being bloated.
To put an example: http://www.mightandmagic.com/HeroesV/
Although I like the game. If I didn't had opera and a decent I-net conn it would take to long to load.

On the other hand, less text would be nice.
If we want that we just go to an part of the site saying: "Dev blogs and all long things not everybody is interest in".

A quick link to the newest build would be nice, but make sure to put the torrent next to it. Since we are/should be promoting that.
And more screens is a must. If I see a new game, the first thing I do is look at the screens, see how the game is like. Not only the shiny no GUI shots, but real in-game taken at any moment shots are nice. (ofcourse, and again, afther the new GUI is rdy).

We just need a few concepts and see what we like/dislike about it.
If I see some time, I might put something together. Want to finish the core silencer redo as well...
And school is asking to much attention from me.

Return to “Art & Modelling”