Random WIP 2016 - Page 2

Random WIP 2016

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Re: Random WIP 2016

Post by SpikedHelmet »

smoth you will have to sit down and teach me your texture thing some day.

smoth

Post by smoth »

sure, I am in a us time zone so it is easy. If you have google talk we could sit in chat and talk about it with me showing you the thing in game via video share.

the only issue that would be a concern is that it does not stay when a piece is shattered/exploded.
SolidGranite

Post by SolidGranite »

Hello everyone, I'm new here but been playing Spring mostly against AI's for a long time.

Thanks to Anarchid for the plugin, I've been making a few models for Spring lately, and learning how to use Blender. Here's one.
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
(1.91 MiB) Not downloaded yet
gajop

Post by gajop »

SolidGranite wrote:Hello everyone, I'm new here but been playing Spring mostly against AI's for a long time.
Interesting, I didn't know people did this.
Thanks to Anarchid for the plugin, I've been making a few models for Spring lately, and learning how to use Blender. Here's one.
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
What are you trying to make there? :roll: Anyway welcome to Spring dev
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

Lovely animation, what was your work flow for it? Anarchid's Blender anim exporter?
SolidGranite

Post by SolidGranite »

FLOZi wrote:Lovely animation, what was your work flow for it? Anarchid's Blender anim exporter?
Thank you, yeah it was. The model is dae and its all lua script.

As for why a wheelchair, I thought it would be funny :? .
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Attachments
WadiDadi.jpg
(184.08 KiB) Not downloaded yet
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

I am polishing the mancubus model currently. It/he was one of my first models for the cursed and needed some love: more details, increased poly count and a totally redone textures. I will also post some ingame shots shortly.

A beautiful rear can also endear...
jK
Spring Developer

Post by jK »

decal1.jpg
(212.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
decal2.jpg
(163.57 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Superb, jK! Does it also render to the deferred buffers? Because it would look absolutely stunning with deferred lights!

Also, if you link me to the specifications? I'm pretty sure I could wip up some excellent craters in world machine with normals and diffuse.
LordMuffe

Post by LordMuffe »

just a very wip dreadnought. Will need quite a lot of love before its finished, especially the turrets are pretty much just placeholders until i get the idea for a better design.

MasterZH

Post by MasterZH »

LordMuffe wrote:just a very wip dreadnought. Will need quite a lot of love before its finished, especially the turrets are pretty much just placeholders until i get the idea for a better design.

Very cool model. May i ask why the intake-exhaust styled engines ? (hanging below front) Apart from that very interesting design!
gajop

Post by gajop »

Despite all the mapping improvements that went in the engine, I'd really like to see a space game happen and your work looks very interesting, although perhaps some models might be outdated by now.
LordMuffe

Post by LordMuffe »

@MasterZH

Thanks :) . Not quite sure which parts you mean exactly, but any inlets are meant to acquire aerially matter from planets with atmosphere. That mater fuels the reactor, engines and the weapon systems, space magic be praised. The idea is, that the reactor converts matter to energy and energy to specific needed matter using the "physic laws" of subspace, which also makes the ftl-travel possible (matter transforms completely to energy when it switches from normal space to sub space and gets reshaped into different matter when it returns).

@gajop

Well, outdated in what way? I mean, the newer ones have more details in the geometry, but i still like the simple and clean look my old ships which are already ingame have. If one looks at them from "normal" distance, i think the still look ok. I personally doubt that i will ever finish the models to the point, that i can actually make a game out of them. Best case scenario might be, that i just tag them on my old ES mod as new factions. I would like to have gameplay similar to THIS but that is unlikely to happen.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Lord Muffe could you detail the work you dread the most.

Maybe we can help.
gajop

Post by gajop »

LordMuffe wrote:Well, outdated in what way? I mean, the newer ones have more details in the geometry, but i still like the simple and clean look my old ships which are already ingame have. If one looks at them from "normal" distance, i think the still look ok. I personally doubt that i will ever finish the models to the point, that i can actually make a game out of them. Best case scenario might be, that i just tag them on my old ES mod as new factions. I would like to have gameplay similar to THIS but that is unlikely to happen.
I think the textures give it a 90s/2000s look. Here's what I would consider a more modern game's spaceships (note that this is a random picture of a 2011 mod I googled that I know nothing about): http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/19 ... med999.jpg
LordMuffe

Post by LordMuffe »

ah yes, my texturing skills are basic at best. Unlikely to change, i´m afraid. The linked ships are from a mod for Homeworld 2 (Remastered) if I´m not mistaken.

@PicassoCT: All the work ^^. There also is not quite a point in asking for help for the project in this state. Waste of time, still feel bad enough about the last time.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

To be perfectly honest- maybe texturing by hand is the wrong approach..

Material shader, and "window" dection could do miracles..
You can do details now by machine
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

jK wrote:Image
Could this actually also be applied to baseplates? Thinking about the creep that is around all cursed buildings. That could look awesome with some normal mapping.

Return to “Art & Modelling”