EvoRTS needs your help! - Page 3

EvoRTS needs your help!

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: EvoRTS needs your help!

Post by Forboding Angel »

Honestly, for the fighter and bomber I don't care. The bomber is a carpet dive bomber and the fighter is anti air only.

There is one air unit not in the factory and that is the midnight drone (unit name is edrone). It is a little annoying gunship drone.

But if I may ask, I would actually like you to design me another gunship as I want to add a torpedo gunship as well.

IMO the current fighters and bombers are really bland.

Design all of the aircraft to look however you like, just remember one thing... Forb likes rotatable wings/ engines :p

I think I do want to retain the gunship as is though (using your brilliant adaptation). It is one of my favorite pet units in the game :)
Zealot

Post by Zealot »

Cool. I'll get on to that during the week and see how much I can finish by next weekend.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Sidenote... <3 me sum Khilra.
Zealot

Post by Zealot »

Had a play around with a fighter.

Went for a bit of a different theme but kept the rotating wings / engines.

Photos are in forward flight mode.

As before, please feel free to give feed back.

I am finding that with the lego I am having fun experimenting with ideas, and seeing what comes of them. So I assume that a decent number of the designs I come up with may not be relevant. But I thought I would rough up a few drafts and see what catches your fancy. If this process does not produce any thing useable I will go back and try and mimic the old designs.

So this is today's one.

(There are some areas that need tiding up, such as the forward canards, coming out the front of the front engines)
Attachments
Fighter1c.png
(141.59 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Fighter1b.png
(111.24 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Fighter1.png
(220.14 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

I really like it. I do feel like the 5 engines in the back might be a bit much though :-D

I'm torn on that, because it would be easy to add a flare for each one, but at the same time, I hate to use the particle count, but at the same time it's not like there are many fighters out at any time anyway, so what would it matter? Open to debate on that.

The only second thing is that the fighter currently shoots missiles and this looks very much like lasers, so to that end, I would simply suggest removing the black barrel and the red tip and leave the red pods on the end.

I really like it though, this is super neat :-D

Edit: That said, I would actually like to make fighters be a gunship movement type, at which point, using lasers would be pretty awesome. Gunship movement type fighters with long range would be sweet. Using laser cannons would allow for misses too, which would be nifty. Of course... lolbalance.

Dunno. What does anyone else think? Paging godde!
Zealot

Post by Zealot »

Hey again.

Yeah let me know what you decide I can do lazers or missiles or whatever.

I had thought about the number of flares for the 5 engines, but It suited the cross shaped tail section so I thought I would put it in and see what you thought. I can change it later though. Thats no problem.

Ok so I did some work on a bomber. It is a bit different stylistically, so I don't know if you will like it.

I was going for a early cold war soviet feel. With a lumbering heavy shape, and engines influenced by this ekranoplan, and a Tu 16 bomber.

And here it is with the trademark rotating engines and wings for vtol.

engines are actually made of 3 parts that split and move forward and backwards before rotating.

The fighter I did earlier had some influences from soviet fighters of this era, but then I made it look more futuristic.

If you want I can add more parts to the bomber to make it more futuristic as It could be a bit plain now. Or I can work on a new design.

Any way let me know.
Ill probably be able to do a model a week, cause I am back at at unit now and have more work load.

Cheers Z
Attachments
Bomber vtol.png
(160.93 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Bomber.png
(223.69 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Wow, that is actually really cool. I like the engines separating concept, that is also super neat :-D

The only thing that bugs me about the engines is that what I would normally do is turn the 2 in front off when they are all connected (naturally), but if I use the lups engine trails effect, the engines are always on, which sucks, but those are my options :-/

If I were to use CEG's I can control those every which way, but lups is it's own animal :-(

Perhaps they could be staggered in height? Like
oooooooo<engine>
oooo<engine><wing attaches to this one>
<engine>

The only other thing I would mention is that the body of it isn't as interesting to look at as the fighter. In and of itself that isn't a big deal, but the fuselage just looks a bit bland.

I'm digging the design though :-)
Zealot

Post by Zealot »

Ok cool.

Ill play around with it some more, try some other ideas to get the engines to work, and make the fuselage more interesting.

Return to “Art & Modelling”