G/E/M Cahudhri progress (56k? No way!) - Page 2

G/E/M Cahudhri progress (56k? No way!)

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Larger ships will have something on the order of 6-12 point defense turrets of varying types. 8)

Here's another shot with the finalized "Imperium Galactical"-authentic texture:

Might still play around with it a bit. "modern era" ships, ie, endgame tech, will have a look similar to the one above. Tech 1 and 2 will have more of a grunge-look as the previous pics depicted.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

=( the silver look has dissapeared, and replace by the beige monstrocity! Where be the sleek silver vision I had not long ago =(
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Read the last line. While this is the "final" texture, I'll probably still play around with it a bit. I did like the earlier texture quite a lot too, so you can count on seeing something similar on earlier-tech ships. I'll probably add a polished metal overlay on top of what you see above to make it look a little more detailed.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I know but now it looks like how ships looked in startrek before they stripped the paint off of the hulls and started usign designs that looked good and had mroe detail.

The main body with the engines and the things ontop looks a little plastic like now.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Hm.. I'll increase the shininess and contrast a bit, see if that improves it.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Hay... cheeky i know this is but could you post your texture and let me have a go?? I'd love to take a bash at textureing somthing... and you obviosly would have no obligation to use it either more that i just wanna have a go and she what i can do... Would u mind?

aGorm
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I'll PM you agorm.

Thanks to some help I've got the primary guns and radar dish attached. Enhanced the texture a bit, gave it more of a nice polished metal sheen.

Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

i really preffered the dark one...
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Well tough titty, this ship according to the Imperium Galactica canon is lightish-silver. However, many other ships are dark like the texture I showed you earlier, so don't worry, you'll have your dark grungy ships.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Rendered movie:

http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=1926 850 kb, DIVX codec required
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

Okay, that movie looks great. I also really liked the sheer jet black cruiser, but the lighting in the movie is great, and this ship will be fantastic looking with thrusters and some highlights (lights/accentuating sensors and guns and whatnot)

Nice work Caydr, especially for learning the texturing job as you went.

Edit: Whoops. Misspelled his name <_<
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

New version with guns and radar:

http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=1978

Return to “Art & Modelling”