Random WIP 2013+ - Page 5

Random WIP 2013+

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Re: Random WIP 2013+

Post by FLOZi »

Now I have to actually turn grass back on. :shock:
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

jK can you link to commit please?
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Im sitting here, and contemplate. I mean, i dont have to do anything, and awesome just happens. Its a freaking miracle, its beautifull, its bringing back memorys of some walks in the bavarian forrest, there were schachten with grass like that, were you wish you could layyourself into it and forget about the world for a second.

Bravo jK, the applaus of the arena is yours for this month, and well earned it is. I bow my head, and retreat in silence.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

wow. jk that is an amazing improvement. But will that affect all maps or can it be map defined?
gajop

Post by gajop »

texture/heightmap editing in toolbox
Height map editing got slightly faster and now supports save/load*.
Texture map editing is mostly based on pako's map editor, although it has fewer features currently, it should be easier to use and is smoother (faster and blends)**.

*You need to use spring-git for save/load to work.
** Texture map editing doesn't support save/load nor is it using the command pattern (undo/redo, multiplayer, etc.) yet. I also broke detail map by porting to ToolBox so textures are a bit repetitive.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Looks great Gaj, keep up the good work
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Nice stuff gajop, but it would be nice to have a little procedurality, like the ability to define ramps.
Also, those s44 houses are designed so they can be seamlessly tiled every 48 elmos.
LordMuffe

Post by LordMuffe »

wip of a small, versatile emp-unit. The idea is, that with the sphere wheels the whole unit acts as the "turret" while moving.

The wheels ( bigger? ) and their suspension plus the front still need some work.

smoth

Post by smoth »

for a small unit I see a lot of stuff that could be trimmed down but I think it is very nice looking.
Erik

Post by Erik »

Nice!
Perhaps make the supports for the "wheels" one thick beam instead of multiple small ones. Looks a bit more stable and also saves polys.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

I like how the supspension non-solid looks frail- this transports the scifi feeling way more then all those "Yes we still built with steel, even this far in the future, thus massive" w40k tanks..

I use this "make the players physic sense tingeling slightly" myself

Its basically the psychologicall subtile way of showing off advance technology..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l710SlrGEZM

Look at 4:10 - massive window shuts, almost cartoonish small window angles.. everything in your brain screams that it must break, that it should break, hell you even post how unrealistic it is.
And yet, in the future- it could hold.
FireStorm_

Post by FireStorm_ »

Shark's Teeth and ARM Skeeter
bigger
smoth

Post by smoth »

The place on the Skeeter where the pipes meet the deck needs work. You have painted on details that conflict with the perception the pipes connect.

I like the sharks teeth, neat idea!
FireStorm_

Post by FireStorm_ »

You are totally right. For some reason I though I could away with it, but the effort is worth the improvement. Thanks :-).
minor update
smoth

Post by smoth »

Now here is the next issue. Look at how sharp the lines are on the turret and core piece of the ship? Now see how pixelated the deck looks?

Your resolution is inconsistent. The deck is a piece most people will ALWAYS see. It must be the same pixel resolution or higher. If not it looks out of place and blurry.
FireStorm_

Post by FireStorm_ »

ARM Decade
bigger

For this one I tried to get the differing resolutions closer together, but I feel limited by the atlas. I am noticing that I'm getting to know it though, and more freedom seems to gradually unlock itself :-).

If I do another one I'll definitely mind the resolution-consistency, but with the current ARM atlas (and it's somewhat reversed-direction-work-flow) I'm sure I'll have to make (possibly less pretty) concessions.
In any case, thanks again smoth.
knorke

Post by knorke »

makes me want to reach out and adjust volume & bass!
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Its really something. I like how they have faces.. you know like carfaces..

FireStorm_

Post by FireStorm_ »

ARM Crusader, Decade, Skeeter and Construction Ship
bigger
I'm starting to doubt very much if uv-mapping/texturing is the best thing for me to work on. I'm gonna prioritise making new models again :-)
FireStorm_

Post by FireStorm_ »

bigger
Seriously thinking about developing a Modular or 'Lego style' space-bugs faction/units (aka chickens or monsters). Working title of this model: Buggy :-)

Return to “Art & Modelling”