Requesting a farmhouse

Requesting a farmhouse

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Decimator

Requesting a farmhouse

Post by Decimator »

I would like to have a farmhouse feature to compliment my Road to War map. Just a generic farmhouse or two would be wonderful. Since I am utterly lacking any semblance of modeling skills, I would be very grateful if someone would make me one or two.
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

heh, I can do it...

I'd make some farms, silos, sheds and dome other country houses...

Too bad they can't be units so we could target them and blow them up :P

I'd probably keep the textures low-res so it wont intervere with mods, either that or use the new UV mapping S3O :)

This could be the first step in Urban Maps right? start with the Rural, then Suburban, then URBAN :D
raikitsune

Post by raikitsune »

GrOuNd_ZeRo wrote:heh, I can do it...

I'd make some farms, silos, sheds and dome other country houses...

Too bad they can't be units so we could target them and blow them up :P

I'd probably keep the textures low-res so it wont intervere with mods, either that or use the new UV mapping S3O :)

This could be the first step in Urban Maps right? start with the Rural, then Suburban, then URBAN :D
schweeet! can't wait to see maps with buildings that arn't terrain features!
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Just a big warning... id make the terrain fill teh insde of the house if its anything other than a box shape (infact do so anyway) so taht pathfinding works along with collison detection.

Also... cureently theer are a few problems with .s3o features so you'll have to wait till the next version. :-) Infact, you'll have to wait till teh next version anyway cause of teh large feature reclaim bug :-)

Im affraid I know to much about this... (but thatcomes from my friggin tree map.)

aGorm
(has spoken)
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Just another warning, keep in mind (whoever might do such a thing) the scale. A single jeffy is larger than a big truck.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

yhe.. a peewee is about teh size of a car on its back so teh farm house would not actully be much bigger than krogoth in reality... and thats a big farm house.

Of course as its for the road map, and as there are no reference vehicals , you may get away with it...

aGorm
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

GrOuNd_ZeRo wrote:Too bad they can't be units so we could target them and blow them up :P
Features can be targetted and blown up.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

that is kool..

reminds me of C&C, where i played as NOD and i blew up ALL vilages :twisted:
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Heh, sounds like me, esspecially the churches, they had cash under them :twisted:

they can be sorta targetted, but Spring doesn't really let you aim at their collision spheres, but I mean targetted conventionally like units, they don't really blow up either, they just..change...
maestro

Post by maestro »

Is people really put alot of cash below the church ??
I think below the church is mausoleum.... where paus and other church elite buried (why did they do that ?)
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

maestro wrote:Is people really put alot of cash below the church ??
I think below the church is mausoleum.... where paus and other church elite buried (why did they do that ?)
In C&C all the curches had money under them...
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

It was just some twisted joke, to make you feel bad about blowing up churches for money lol.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

hehe i never felt sorry :evil: not a annoying villager survived my flame tanks :twisted: although the GDI did waste my base a bit whilst i did so :oops:
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Not really a joke, I mean, churches ARE sitting on a big pile of cash... they're not taxed, you know. (at least in canada)

Plus, if you want your relatives to not go to hell, you better be generous. >_>
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Caydr wrote:Not really a joke, I mean, churches ARE sitting on a big pile of cash... they're not taxed, you know. (at least in canada)

Plus, if you want your relatives to not go to hell, you better be generous. >_>
Religous centers aren't taxed in canada period. It's part of our cultural development program. Plus all religious organizations only have income via donation, which is supposed to be non-taxable anyways.
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Heh, Decimator, your from Iowa? my wife is from there...

I still didn't make a farm house...i've been a bit busy with other things :(
Decimator

Post by Decimator »

Yep, I'm from Iowa. So I know what a farm looks like. :P

I've been trying to make an image stitching utility, because my map is too large to do much manipulation to. Once that is accomplished, I'll be able to build the farms, road shoulders, and metal patches. I'll probably even put in some nice gravel roads.
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

Decimator wrote:I've been trying to make an image stitching utility, because my map is too large to do much manipulation to.
I have already made one!

It was designed for stitching L3DT tiles back together, it get its info from the MMF (master mosaic file) it produces. I could make it more generic if there is demand.

Biggest BMP made so far was 768MB!
Decimator

Post by Decimator »

Where is this thing so I can try it out? If it works, then you will have done the spring mapping community a wonderful favor!
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

Decimator wrote:Where is this thing so I can try it out? If it works, then you will have done the spring mapping community a wonderful favor!
http://fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=1843

Bugs and requests to me.

EDIT I see I spelt vertical wrong /EDIT

Return to “Art & Modelling”