smoth's junk. - Page 7

smoth's junk.

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

smoth

Re: smoth's junk.

Post by smoth »

(click for larger)

yes, that is a secondary color selection, with luck maybe some time soon-ish I can show what exactly I am doing with that.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

How does it look from a distance? What sort of distance would it normally be viewed from?
smoth

Post by smoth »

Das Bruce wrote:How does it look from a distance?
I am pretty sure it'll look GOOD? ;P
Das Bruce wrote:What sort of distance would it normally be viewed from?
I cannot control that in spring. it is about 1.5x as big as a t61 close to a magella tank.. if that helps at all
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

that is pretty good, but the green lights left and right with the scriblling inside look out of place. honeycomb pattern perhaps?
Funkencool

Post by Funkencool »

and I thought it looked good before, awesome stuff
smoth

Post by smoth »

rattle wrote:that is pretty good, but the green lights left and right with the scriblling inside look out of place. honeycomb pattern perhaps?
I concur, I am not sure honeycomb is what I want. Fluffwise it is supposed to be a pair of sensors, in game it will be an important mode representation.
scifi

Post by scifi »

just awesome, just wondering where those panels with the 3 X are going, id reduce the size of those panels.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

7 pages and still no pictures of Smoth's junk. :cry:
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Forboding Angel wrote:7 pages and still no pictures of Smoth's junk. :cry:
I hear it's quite something.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

thats greenpeace for you.. if its long, heavy and alive, and wanted by japan, they will protect it at any co(a)st..
smoth

Post by smoth »

becuase I had to save the thread.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Sexy as freaking hell... but I do worry that there might be trouble differentiating those skinny cannons at regular gaming distance. I'd be a shame to go to all the work of making modular units and then be unable to actually *see* the modular component at normal zoom.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Looks very cool, I should think it quite easy to tell apart, as each canon has a distinctive size and blocks of contrast.

aGorm
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Pxtl wrote:Sexy as freaking hell... but I do worry that there might be trouble differentiating those skinny cannons at regular gaming distance. I'd be a shame to go to all the work of making modular units and then be unable to actually *see* the modular component at normal zoom.

Yep, thats a point.. but how to solve.. best would be if you could scale unitparts up, as the camera zooms out.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I have an idea of how but you'll have to wait to see it
smoth

Post by smoth »

PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

what are the gauge icons for? Can vehicle speed be controlled?
Also what is the missing icon for?
Artwise- clean line, though trough , well executed, for a critic actually boring.

Finally.. the recycling icon... its missleading. If i would see that as a newb, i would assume that it means scrap the unit that has the button. I know its a hell of a concept to represent via one icon.. but .. this is not it..

Okay, took me a while to come up with some alternatives, that are even worth discussing.. first one is... Image
Its not recycling per-se as self-asssembling from scrap, but it is a nice representation of the concept. Contra: Only works in futuristic settings, and not all people get the movie reference. The Rest sees a melting robot. Not good.

Sat myself down, had this medieval fitting thing, basically a split swoard, whose bend end, is forged back into the hilt..

Sorry dunno any further. Keep it until something better comes along.
Attachments
anotherattempt.jpg
(76.57 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
knorke

Post by knorke »

why 124x124 instead of 128x128?
smoth

Post by smoth »

Probably from a crop. some how they ended up that way. I'll try and remember to clean it up later
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

nice icons! reclaim is cute. cant imagine what awesome is for? Also land maybe if you tilt the aircraft so it is going down instead of up might help instead of being the same as fly but with a different color scheme?

capture seems like a hard image to capture, your icons are awesome, but the imagery kind of makes me think of ground attack. what would be symbolic of capture though??

anyways just trying to be constructive only take it with a grain of salt. Your work is very top notch.

Return to “Art & Modelling”