smoth's junk. - Page 37

smoth's junk.

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

hokomoko
Spring Developer

Re: smoth's junk.

Post by hokomoko »

smoth wrote:I have been having some success with my health, hopefully i can resume work soon!
very glad to hear!
gajop

Post by gajop »

smoth wrote:I have been having some success with my health, hopefully i can resume work soon!
That's good news man!
smoth

Post by smoth »

yeah, had some rough patches there and my eyes are slowly coming back but I need a way to unscrew the theme on the wiki and site. Black and white text is really bad for my eyes. Otherwise I might go do unity programming until my eyes are more stable.
gajop

Post by gajop »

You could always join the Chobby (in game lobby) work. It's pretty dark themed :D
As far as forum/wiki theme goes, you'd really need to ask Forb for help. I also don't think it'd be bad to have a dark forum theme to select from.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Talk to abma, he doesn't want multiple user selectable themes despite my insistence that maintaining them is easy.
smoth

Post by smoth »

he mentioned something in the other thread about it. I cannot sit in front of the forum to go and retheme the place right now.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I might drop my concepts and start new artwork. my time away from spring has given me a lot of time and as an artist this work was such a hack job that I think it would be me buying into the sunk cost bias to go and continue with what I now see as weak work. I want to sit down and draw up real concepts beyond the hack work that it was.

Current goals
  • Update shader code to whatever version ZK has as that is the latest.
    • strip zk garbage out.
  • make my buckets code work outside of the shader api. so I can be no longer within the shader api code.
    • might have to get Gajop to add some hooks
  • Work with Gajop to add his Springboard/Chlobby code
    • use old models to test it.
  • replace chickens - posibly using calls to Springboard.
  • strip out or clean up code that Is bitrot, TOP to BOTTOM or stuff that I was not using(sorry Z)
  • Spend real time drawing concepts
gajop

Post by gajop »

smoth wrote: Integrate Springboard
SpringBoard integration works by creating a game repository, like one of the ones on this list: https://github.com/Spring-SpringBoard
In it you should specify the dependencies to point to SpringBoard-Core (common springboard code), and your game rapid package: example
Depending on the repository widget&gadget handler you may want some more compatibility files. Eaxmple.

This is all required just to get it *working*. To actually extend it and provide custom game-API to springboard, you should create a triggers file. Example. Depending on how complex your game is, and how much of it you want to control, you may not need it.
smoth wrote: Integrate Chobby
Chobby integration is even easier to do than SpringBoard, and is well tested. The Chobby repository lies here https://github.com/ZeroK-RTS/Chobby, mostly because GoogleFrog prefers to work there. It's essentially equivalent to https://github.com/Spring-Chobby/Chobby and is kept at one simple PR away from the merge.

The configuration is done here, and you can see how ZK and Evo have provided their configs. This allows you to control how your game lobby looks like, and is pretty powerful.

However what's still missing is a wrapper program for non-ZK games (I'm in the process of making it), so that will be one extra config file you'll have to make. It will essentially specify what server to use (Uberserver) and what is the default game ($YOURGAME).

PS: Customization isn't necessary, basic stuff should still all work. However, with customization you can specify your lobby's look & feel, and you can put in custom stuff like planetwars.
smoth wrote: replace chickens - posibly using calls to Springboard
I wouldn't recommend this. Game modes (or mods) should be done as usual, with Lua scripting. SB is more suited to map-specific scenarios and map making/customizing.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Smoth is okay? Health compromised as he is?

Return to “Art & Modelling”