smoth's junk. - Page 14

smoth's junk.

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

smoth

Re: smoth's junk.

Post by smoth »

they taper at the top on the inside look really close you'll see it.

also the sensor pack has a big white dome on the top.
smoth

Post by smoth »

My script now allows for:

alternate move animations
Image click image for larger

weapon open and close animations..
not bothering with an image/video. because really I am not spending the time making a video.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

So... your saying that you can use the same script for tracked and legged units? That's pretty durned cool.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I have not done the script bits yet.. just happy to see it in game.
Image(click for larger)
smoth

Post by smoth »

testing out the heavy load stance.
smoth

Post by smoth »

stance adjusted, now walks
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Glad you adjusted the first stance a bit... it felt a little too much "come at me bro".
smoth

Post by smoth »

smoth

Post by smoth »

cheesy smile.jpg

Funkencool

Post by Funkencool »

So where do you buy your awesome sauce at because the shit I buy is no where near the the quality yours is apparently :-)
smoth

Post by smoth »

And I have not even done specular on the mechs yet
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

Wow. Looking good smoth. I like your final choice in the sensors texture.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Image(click image for larger etc)
Don't mind me, just here to wreck your shore defenses
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

I have something to critizize. Why are u using a map without grass? That makes spring look...bad.. such screens attract attention by themselves, and suddenly they are up i google imagesearch.. and then - no grass. If it is because of the feet(ishism)- put them on a metallspot.

Tl,DR;
Models excellent, Animation can not be judged by two or three sample pictures, map sux in comparison. Also.. i demand a banner for the frontpage with this boy. We had imperial winter and arghs project in the banners, although gone for years- and yours, though nameless (but very actively developed) is not... thats getting awfully close to project Necrophilia.

TL,DR;
The Realisation that the sumary is longer then the post, it came to late.
smoth

Post by smoth »

pic, I have not begun the normal or spec/reflection map.. that is worth the wait.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

smoth what the fuck man

did you morph to your final form when in Antarctica?

this shit is too good to be for reals.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

smoth wrote:Image(click image for larger etc)
Don't mind me, just here to wreck your shore defenses
Not sure if it's the angle but at first it seemed like that stance would result in the mech falling backwards... what this made me thing was "wait, maybe the backpack is it's ammo drum and it's empty... wouldn't it be cool if when the mech was built it leaned forward (ape-like) to carry the extra weight and (and maybe even moved slower) and stood more upright as it exhausted it's supply"... anyways, yeah... TL;DR Awesome Sauce.
smoth

Post by smoth »

The backpack is a power unit attached to the mech. I detailed in the fluff post earlier:
smoth wrote:*Power company had discovered an electro-chemical process which not only produced never before seen clean energy, this energy also had a secondary property of producing an energy field. Within the next 50 years space travel became possible and with it, new desires for power. Thanks to this shielding technology human beings were capable of colonizing previously ignored planets! For the first time man left earth. New planetary governments were formed, atmospheres created and mankind finally had the miracle science it had hoped for

Of course, differences began to show and the spectre of greed and arrogance once again fell up mankind. Wars broke out, intially small skirmishes over planets high in valuable minerals. Soon interplanetary warfare began on a scale few had seen. Shielding systems soon were used to coat joints of great war machines and fighter aircraft! Once peaceful technology was transformed into warmachines!

This changed when several governments found themselves in debt to the very companies supplying them with weapons, having no means to pay. From this debt rose the company nations. Governments fell to the very arms dealers they once employed. 100 years after mankind took to space and mankind managed to trap it's self in the galactic perimeter.

With their new found power the corporations sought to nudge out *Powercompany* a fragile aliance was formed and the alliance crushed *Powercompany*. The ability to build powercores was lost with the fall of *powercompany* with pieces of technology barely understood, it would seem that the secret of the power core disappeared with *powercompany*.

Seeking to once again travel through space, each corporation nation began attempts to reverse engineer the powercore technology. This proved most unsuccessful as the cores were unstable and prone to immediate disintegration upon inspection. So with what little knowledge they had, corporate nations began to develop their own cores! The manufacture of of these second generation bastard cores required key power core elements. Such elements required factories so complex they were the size of cities. These second generation cores were not exact, they were very similar but not exact. These second generation cores displayed new properties and soon corporate nations began see their second generation core technology with a new since of nationalism. They had the ability to take their employees to space again! "Company man" has a new meaning and to get promoted now meant stepping over the bodies of your fellow employee, sometimes literally.

Cores produce the following effects:
shielding, allowing the production of ultra strong joints and the ability to protect the pilots both from environment and harm. Some cores have the ability to trigger fluctuations, these fluctuations produce anomalies which the science of this far future can barely explain

Behemoth Conglomerate:
Core Technology:
Powers joints much stronger than others
Stable output levels.

UnNamed
Core Technology:
Powers moderate joins.
Capable of burst output levels

Arx Dynamics
Core Technology:
Powers moderate joints
Capable of variable anti-gravity field.

The above is NOT complete just the ideas as I have them hashed out.
This is a behemoth corp mech, on top of that the mech is heavier than the backpack.

the idea for the bent knees came from the way actual robots people are making stand
and horse stance:

which is why the knees are bent as they are. However, because having widely spread legs looked silly I just changed it to the stance it is now. The backpack is less than the weight of the mech so it would not topple him over. Add to the fact that the joints can be as loose or as locked as the pilot or mech OS wants them to be.

Having it leaning over like a gorilla would make it fall forward. Gorillas walk on their knuckles etc.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Image(click for larger)

WIP normal and specular
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

you need moar shadowmap resolution

Return to “Art & Modelling”