AA load screens - Page 3

AA load screens

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

User avatar
AF
AI Developer
Posts: 20678
Joined: 14 Sep 2004, 11:32

Post by AF »

In that case I think you'll be particularly horrified by the standard technology expected to replace CRT plasma and LCD.

It's a flatscreen based on nanotubing that uses an LCD style sandwich system combined with CRT style technology (mini electron guns through the use of nano tubing, which fire across the tiny sandwich layer to LCD like panel layers at the front which fluoress like the phosphor on a CRT.

Thus all the advantage sof CRT and LCD at half the thickness of LCD's and plasmas, faster reaction rates than CRT's, sharper images than LCD's, lower power consumption than LCD's lower weight, cheaper per inch of display, and theoretically the size is only limited by the amount of resources you are willing to expend on each unit, asell as even light distribution.
User avatar
aGorm
Posts: 2928
Joined: 12 Jan 2005, 10:25

Post by aGorm »

Untill then... I'll just have to save for a real good TFT (well two, one for size, one for gaming (cause i admit that some of the best TFT's are almost there, just you can't get one that fills both roll's, so I'll get 2))

aGorm
User avatar
AF
AI Developer
Posts: 20678
Joined: 14 Sep 2004, 11:32

Post by AF »

neato, or you could try out a HDTV plasma screen TV
User avatar
aGorm
Posts: 2928
Joined: 12 Jan 2005, 10:25

Post by aGorm »

Yhe, but there even more pricy, and I can watch HDTV on a decent monitor and computer if I get a card (which I might... or just wait till I upgrade to my next comp and have it as it's probablie gonna be built into teh New Nvida motherbords that support DD2, which Is what I'm waiting for...)

aGorm
User avatar
AF
AI Developer
Posts: 20678
Joined: 14 Sep 2004, 11:32

Post by AF »

oo, when are they released? Must start saving!
User avatar
aGorm
Posts: 2928
Joined: 12 Jan 2005, 10:25

Post by aGorm »

Next year Q 2 i think they said.

Goona maybe go dule core two... if i have the cash... and atleast 2 gig of DDR2. Ill start with a geforce 7800 GT and tehn by a secong latter on when i need to.

aGorm
User avatar
SinbadEV
Posts: 6475
Joined: 02 May 2005, 03:56

Post by SinbadEV »

2gigs of DDR2 on a 2 Core, 2 Monitor system... and your getting it Q2 next year... that's a lot of 2s
User avatar
Caydr
Omnidouche
Posts: 7179
Joined: 16 Oct 2004, 19:40

Post by Caydr »

Alantai Firestar wrote:In that case I think you'll be particularly horrified by the standard technology expected to replace CRT plasma and LCD.

It's a flatscreen based on nanotubing that uses an LCD style sandwich system combined with CRT style technology (mini electron guns through the use of nano tubing, which fire across the tiny sandwich layer to LCD like panel layers at the front which fluoress like the phosphor on a CRT.

Thus all the advantage sof CRT and LCD at half the thickness of LCD's and plasmas, faster reaction rates than CRT's, sharper images than LCD's, lower power consumption than LCD's lower weight, cheaper per inch of display, and theoretically the size is only limited by the amount of resources you are willing to expend on each unit, asell as even light distribution.
Ahh, sweet. I was wondering when they'd start making plasma displays.
User avatar
AF
AI Developer
Posts: 20678
Joined: 14 Sep 2004, 11:32

Post by AF »

They arent plasma screens, they arent commercially available yet but they are superior to both plasma, CRT, and LCD screens
User avatar
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead
Posts: 7287
Joined: 12 Aug 2005, 09:29

Post by SwiftSpear »

aGorm wrote:Next year Q 2 i think they said.

Goona maybe go dule core two... if i have the cash... and atleast 2 gig of DDR2. Ill start with a geforce 7800 GT and tehn by a secong latter on when i need to.

aGorm
Ew, pentium XE.

BTW, check out some DDR2 benchmarks, they are a HUGE dissapointment. The technonoly is really unpolished and the search time is acctually far worse then DDR ram. AMD refuses to support DDR2 until it can achive the next level clock speed, which will allow it to preform up to spec with the current DDR chips. DDR3 is projected for release late next year, it should fill the gap that DDR2 was supposed to, but failed miserably.
User avatar
Caydr
Omnidouche
Posts: 7179
Joined: 16 Oct 2004, 19:40

Post by Caydr »

aGorm wrote:Next year Q 2 i think they said.

Goona maybe go dule core two... if i have the cash... and atleast 2 gig of DDR2. Ill start with a geforce 7800 GT and tehn by a secong latter on when i need to.

aGorm
By that time, GF 7800 will be old news. Probably a budget card ^_^
User avatar
aGorm
Posts: 2928
Joined: 12 Jan 2005, 10:25

Post by aGorm »

Maybe it was DDR 3 then... I know Nvidia are ment to be releasing new bords for AMD that have one of them on them, and its apparntly in Q2 (last thing I herd...)
By that time, GF 7800 will be old news. Probably a budget card ^_^
Well, if the 8 series is out by Q2 ill be getting one of them obviosly...
Ew, pentium XE.
I havn't mentinond scummy peniums anywere...

aGorm
User avatar
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead
Posts: 7287
Joined: 12 Aug 2005, 09:29

Post by SwiftSpear »

aGorm wrote:Maybe it was DDR 3 then... I know Nvidia are ment to be releasing new bords for AMD that have one of them on them, and its apparntly in Q2 (last thing I herd...)
By that time, GF 7800 will be old news. Probably a budget card ^_^
Well, if the 8 series is out by Q2 ill be getting one of them obviosly...
Ew, pentium XE.
I havn't mentinond scummy peniums anywere...

aGorm
Like I say, AMD doesn't support DDR2. I'm planning on building around summer next year, and that is one of the things that made me "WTF?"...

DDR2 benchmarks are terrible, they have been a terrible dissapointment. All the technology has ever done is trick suckers who didn't know better... DDR3 I don't think will be mainstream until early 2007... You may be able to buy it mid-late 2006, but it probably won't be supported by many mobos for a while afterwards.

I'll take a look at that mobo you said Nvidea was pushing... but I fear that they may not be offering AMD compatability with thier features.
User avatar
aGorm
Posts: 2928
Joined: 12 Jan 2005, 10:25

Post by aGorm »

OK, not were i read about it first, but to prove that it is coming...

http://www.nordichardware.com/news,2142.html

aGorm
Post Reply

Return to “Art & Modelling”