Random wip 2012+ - Page 33

Random wip 2012+

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

rattle
Damned Developer

Re: Random wip 2012+

Post by rattle »

Beherith wrote:Image
Tell me what is wrong with this texture. Please be specific. Imo it looks like crap right now.
who the fuck dropped the coke on my lawn
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

I agree.. something about it sets your senses for geography tingling.
Snow aka glaciers have small creeks,which even when dry, are visible in the landscape

No trees, or tree like darker green gras to close to the snowy mountains.. never forget.. trees end earlier then grass

Still nothing more welcome then the merge from the massive concept with regular maps for more spectacular war scenery.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Part of the reason for the odd distribution of snow is that neurope has its typemap based on the snow, and I didnt want to change it.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

The grass under the snow makes it feel more a hill than a mountain range.
The tops of the mountain are too rounded.( http://www.teara.govt.nz/files/p6746pc.jpg )
There seem to be odd pencil lines on the near face of the ridge.
Beherith wrote:Part of the reason for the odd distribution of snow is that neurope has its typemap based on the snow, and I didnt want to change it.
I don't know what this means.
Funkencool

Post by Funkencool »

been messing with chili a little..
(click for bigger images)
*The skins just something I threw together quick well I was messing with lua, but if any does by some chance want it just let me know.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Not sure how flexible chili is.

Funkencool

Post by Funkencool »

I'm guessing you had some cool photos but it looks like they're down for the count
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Funkencool wrote:I'm guessing you had some cool photos but it looks like they're down for the count
Odd, I can see them. No they were just your pictures with mean words written on in paint.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Do a right-click, view image in new tab and they work...

He makes good points, but I do like your skin.
Funkencool

Post by Funkencool »

Weird.. I did get one to come up on my phone. I now rescind my comment about cool pictures :regret: and instead give you these

Not sure if that was a sarcastic note on the flexibility or not but either way it is in fact pretty dang flexible. This is just a WIP and nowhere near finished, it's mostly just me learning lua. I've actually only skinned it and lua'd the two very left most widgets (minimap and integral menu) but I am hopeful...

Right now I'm mostly just adding the ability to resize the menu with the icons/tabs rearranging themselves accordingly, e.g. so you can switch between mine and classic or portrait/landscape
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

funken, I would avoid making it drop down automatically, and make it always at the edge, move the tooltip above it as it's ephemeral, whereas that control is always there.

Also notice the yellow 04:09 overlapping the 23 underneath it in the top right
smoth

Post by smoth »

You guys realized he is just altering the zk chili widgets?
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

smoth wrote:You guys realized he is just altering the zk chili widgets?
He has to start somewhere.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I am saying that you guys need to know some of the issues/design are not what he is doing/not his fault. they are stuff he is stuck with until he does one better...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Or until someone who is more knowledgable with Chilla like a ZK dev looks at one of the biggest threads in the forum and sees it?

I'm sure he'll figure out what needs doing to correct the issues ^_^
smoth

Post by smoth »

I am one of those guys, but I am electing to be more passive in the community. The suggestions to ui are good ones and it is great he is getting the feedback that he is I was just stepping in to make sure he isn't berated too much for something he didn't write and is fidgeting with. FURTHER MORE don't stir the pot af, there is no anti-zk drama and don't make any where there is none. The ui works great for zk and evo but maybe not for what he is trying to do. He may have to remove some widgets and home brew his own stuff.
Last edited by smoth on 15 Sep 2012, 03:49, edited 1 time in total.
Funkencool

Post by Funkencool »

I was going to mention it was zk's but then I thought meh.. they're all legit critiques whether its mine or not. So I will in fact do my best to take heed. So far, going through the code, it's pretty inconsistent. So I plan on trying to clean it up along the way, as well as add new options and features.

In other words just as smoth posted..
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Stir the pot? o_0 I spotted a bug and pointed it out, then commented that Chilli devs would probably know how to fix Chilli, and that they're quite likely to see it given its a super popular thread. How that's Anti-ZK, nm drama I can't see, I'd say you pointing it out in public rather than a PM when clearly I'd already made my point is stirring the pot.

Or maybe I should tirade on how it's all Lichos & JKs fault, and that they placed overlapping text in the UI deliberately to test our faith in ZK, because clearly no software has unintentional bugs! Yes! Beherith put Atari IP in BA to make the forums more exciting, Tobi really has divine powers, and Picasso is actually a rogue RAI game gone horribly wrong!
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

AF wrote: Picasso is actually a rogue RAI game gone horribly wrong!
Actully this would make a lot of sense...
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

some BaS navy updates.

Nothing fancy, but should fit the rest of the style.

Return to “Art & Modelling”