Some wip of my unit - Page 2

Some wip of my unit

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

rattle
Damned Developer

Re: Some wip of my unit

Post by rattle »

azaremoth wrote:Very professional work. I love the details! The "turret" looks as it is not turnable - I don't know how good Spring will handle aiming with that sort of ground unit. Did anyone try that yet?
yes and it worked alright.. I'd make it a forward facing weapon with a small cone

edit:
didn't see kivi's pic.. like this. weapon should be a non-turreted forward facing 2-burst weapon with a 10┬░ targeting cone to avoid having to delay the second shot by script (if you stay true to the game).. you can add named points which the weapon uses as origin to aim and shoot from and switch these around in the unit's script
KiviTheBird

Post by KiviTheBird »

if anyone can code units you can help our team in our mod subforum. We need any spring speciallists. In exchange i offer some content help to those who code me simple beta(three buildings, resource system, one war unit two resoource units)(i am now writing all data to its features)
knorke

Post by knorke »

this tutorial http://springrts.com/wiki/The_Complete_ ... pring_Game explains everything how to get your models from the modeling software into the game. It is a partly annoying process but not that hard, I suggest you try that first and then ask for specific help.
Making a tank that drives, shots and explodes is possible with minimal script knowledge just by copy&pasteing stuff.
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

KiviTheBird, if you need assistance with unit scripting, look for me in the lobby. I'm often in #S44 channel. And I'm a native Russian speaker, too.

ð» ð╝ð¥ð│Ðâ ð┐ð¥ð╝ð¥ÐçÐî Ðü ÐÄð¢ð©Ðé-Ðüð║ÐÇð©ð┐Ðéð░ð╝ð©. ðºð░ÐüÐéð¥ ð▒Ðïð▓ð░ÐÄ ð▓ ð╗ð¥ð▒ð▒ð© ð▓ ð║ð░ð¢ð░ð╗ðÁ #S44 (ð¥Ðüð¥ð▒ðÁð¢ð¢ð¥ ð┐ð¥ð┤ ð▓ðÁÐçðÁÐÇ, ð┐ð¥Ðüð╗ðÁ ÐÇð░ð▒ð¥ÐéÐï). ðÿ ÐÅ ð║ Ðéð¥ð╝Ðâ ðÂðÁ ÐÇÐâÐüÐüð║ð¥ÐÅðÀÐïÐçð¢Ðïð╣, ð┐ÐÇð¥ð▒ð╗ðÁð╝ ð▒ÐïÐéÐî ð¢ðÁ ð┤ð¥ð╗ðÂð¢ð¥ :)
KiviTheBird

Post by KiviTheBird »

yuritch wrote:KiviTheBird, if you need assistance with unit scripting, look for me in the lobby. I'm often in #S44 channel. And I'm a native Russian speaker, too.

ð» ð╝ð¥ð│Ðâ ð┐ð¥ð╝ð¥ÐçÐî Ðü ÐÄð¢ð©Ðé-Ðüð║ÐÇð©ð┐Ðéð░ð╝ð©. ðºð░ÐüÐéð¥ ð▒Ðïð▓ð░ÐÄ ð▓ ð╗ð¥ð▒ð▒ð© ð▓ ð║ð░ð¢ð░ð╗ðÁ #S44 (ð¥Ðüð¥ð▒ðÁð¢ð¢ð¥ ð┐ð¥ð┤ ð▓ðÁÐçðÁÐÇ, ð┐ð¥Ðüð╗ðÁ ÐÇð░ð▒ð¥ÐéÐï). ðÿ ÐÅ ð║ Ðéð¥ð╝Ðâ ðÂðÁ ÐÇÐâÐüÐüð║ð¥ÐÅðÀÐïÐçð¢Ðïð╣, ð┐ÐÇð¥ð▒ð╗ðÁð╝ ð▒ÐïÐéÐî ð¢ðÁ ð┤ð¥ð╗ðÂð¢ð¥ :)
Okay its really great, because of spring 1944 tanks are a bit similar to dune tanks.

ð¡Ðéð¥ ð▓ðÁÐüÐîð╝ð░ ð¢ðÁð┐ð╗ð¥Ðàð¥, ð¢ð░ð┐ÐÇð©ð╝ðÁÐÇ ð┤ðÁð▓ð░ÐüÐéð░Ðéð¥ÐÇ ÐìÐéð¥ Ðéð¥Ðé ðÂðÁ ðÀð▓ðÁÐÇð¥ð▒ð¥ð╣, Ðéð¥ð╗Ðîð║ð¥ ð┤ð▓ÐâÐüÐéð▓ð¥ð╗Ðîð¢Ðïð╣, ð┐ð¥ ÐüÐâÐéð©. ðòÐüð╗ð© ÐéÐï ð┐ð¥ð╝ð¥ðÂðÁÐêÐî Ðéð¥ ÐìÐéð¥ ð▒Ðâð┤ðÁÐé ð║ÐÇð░ð╣ð¢ðÁ ð║ÐÇÐâÐéð¥ - ð▓ ð┤ð¥ð╗ð│Ðâ ð¢ðÁ ð¥ÐüÐéð░ð¢ÐâÐüÐî
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

oh fuck the russians are takin over
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

SpikedHelmet wrote:oh fuck the russians are takin over
'sokay... I have google translate... they are mostly just saying what they said in English but with more technical details.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

SinbadEV wrote:
SpikedHelmet wrote:oh fuck the russians are takin over
'sokay... I have google translate... they are mostly just saying what they said in English but with more technical details.
It was a joke you silly goose.
knorke

Post by knorke »

SinbadEV wrote:they are mostly just saying what they said in English but with more technical details.
thats what they want us to believe.

Return to “Art & Modelling”