aGorm Mod Images

aGorm Mod Images

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

aGorm

aGorm Mod Images

Post by aGorm »

I thought, save always cloging up random works with stufff, I'd start my own thread. That way everythings nice and central.

I have finaly finished the Cybernaut King... (Or whatever I end up calling it... king just seems to have stuck att he mo.)

Enjoy! I've also stared work on a factory for the Mega Bears... will post some pics tomoz.

aGorm
Attachments
kingdone2.jpg
(81.52 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
kingdone1.jpg
(116.1 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Re: aGorm Mod Images

Post by KaiserJ »

let me be the first to say "BOOYAH GRANDMA!" excellent work.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

I really like this one, thought I feel the legs need more work. Also the mega bears sounds like some excessively hairy men.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

the sword-effect is superb dude, i cant wait until i let the bears fighting these robots (or what ever)
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Thanks for the feedback! This is the place for it! If you could explane what you think could be done on the legs Beherith that would be great (unless you think I should start again! :P )

aGorm
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

I feel that compared to the general well roundedness of the torso and arms and head, the feet are very blocky and simple, while the calves are also a bit blocky, and the knees dont show form or function. But do not listen to all this, because Im not experienced an modeller, and wouldnt know how to change it myself.
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

I believe the feet are a bit small. If that's the way you want it, then go for it. But if I have any criticism it is that the feet are too small. Great posing by the way.

I also don't much care for the sickle attached to the gun, but that is probably a matter of taste.

Really great job overall by the way. Blows my pathetic models out of the water.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

you could add some wear and tear to the armor pieces, right now everything's just flat. still nice though
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Thanks fo all the coments, I shall see what I can tweek up on the king, I agree the legs are a tad dull in that they are just armor plates... I'll have to think somthing up for them.

I'm also torn on how much wear to put on stuff... I mean, for instance, if this guys so hard, and the head honcho, he's likly to be in good nick right? But maybe not... I guess atleast dirt is easy to add later!

For now, I leave you with teh bear mech shop.

Attachments
bearfort2.jpg
(196.52 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

this is too cool
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Very snazzy looking.

Oh, the wonder's of gradients...
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

I agree the legs are a tad dull in that they are just armor plates... I'll have to think somthing up for them.
Are you making a first person shooter, or a strategy game?

Or maybe you're one of those weirdoes that pretent to play Spring in close-up FPS view?

Because otherwise, time spent detailing the leg would be better spent making a good radar icon.

:wink:
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

adding dirt and wear takes like 10-30 minutes... you get a few overlay textures, paint a few masks, maybe add another layer for some highlights and recompile your spec/refl maps... when you get stuck at some point you might as well take a break and draw a damn radar icon
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

zwzsg wrote:Are you making a first person shooter, or a strategy game?

Or maybe you're one of those weirdoes that pretent to play Spring in close-up FPS view?

Because otherwise, time spent detailing the leg would be better spent making a good radar icon.

:wink:
Good point... I'll leave it for now! :P And Work on more important things...

(PS incase anyone thinks that mech shop is at all finished... I've only done the roof and 1 wall so far. The rest is just plain AO pass...)

aGorm
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

A Spring RTS requires dozens of units. When you get something looking that good, it's time to drop it and say NEXT!
Argh

Post by Argh »

Thanks fo all the coments, I shall see what I can tweek up on the king, I agree the legs are a tad dull in that they are just armor plates... I'll have to think somthing up for them.
A normalmap will fix most of it. There's plenty of detail there, it just needs to catch the light realistically.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

'legs' look ok, i would just make feets longer
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

If your bot is being built by nano-technology and self healing there is no reason not to expect them to always be in pristine condition... leave the wear and tear for the bear team.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Almost there... And yes, bears are much more worn looking.

aGorm
Attachments
bearfort2b.jpg
(134.13 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

cool! its the bear hangout!

Return to “Art & Modelling”