CORE T-1 Aircraft - Page 3

CORE T-1 Aircraft

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

MR.D

Re: CORE T-1 Aircraft

Post by MR.D »

I already tried using a couple of different ways of putting some kind of pivot in the wing that would look more realistic, but each way added polies beyond my limit for the unit.

When it comes to angled cuts, it starts getting tricky to line up angles when it folds up, so the more complex it gets the more polies I end up buring.

Believe me I wanted to have a nice pivot area too, but I'll have to figure out a clever way to do it.

I got it down to 384 by welding up a few spots , and I think its about where I want it.
Master-Athmos

Post by Master-Athmos »

Well as it's a scout there are not going to be many of them neither on-screen nor actually being built and the polycount recently is very low. Anything below 500 polies should be a no-brainer anyways considering today's GPUs (and even the older ones) until there's no poly waste...

Another option might by changing the original design a bit so the wings won't flip but get "sucked into the main body" (moving instead of rotating) like it's done for some units anyway...
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Very cool!
liamdawe

Post by liamdawe »

Looks awesome as always mate, great job!
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

cute.. perhaps a loop less on the body, I mean it's very small after all, and I'd adjust the cockpit so you can sidemap the front section without much distortion

Return to “Art & Modelling”