Build Pics!

Build Pics!

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

PauloMorfeo

Build Pics!

Post by PauloMorfeo »

There are 2 Building Pictures that need to be taken care of. At least in XTA, not sure about that special shiny mod that has new buildpics.

- Radar Jammer (curently doesn't shows any)
- Naval Flaker (this is rather silly. As it is now, it is showing the build pic of Core's mini-fusion)

If no nice build pics are aranged for them, consider this a request to remove the present build pic of the naval-flaker so it shows like the radar jammer tower, instead.
Jon Micheelsen

Post by Jon Micheelsen »

I'll fix it...

Jon M.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

The immolator plasma cannon, or whatever it's called, uses the buildpic of a double barreled gun that looks like maby a flak cannon or a lazer or something. It should really get it's own buildpic, since the thing eats goliath for lunch.
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

Heh, it uses its original buildpic that uses its original model. The SYs gave it a new model for XTA.

But yeah, those units do need new buildpics, the ones they have completely suck.
Jon Micheelsen

Post by Jon Micheelsen »

Here you go: http://jonmicheelsen.tripod.com/id1.html

Download the fixedbuildpics.zip and replace them with the ones in the xta_se_v062.sdz

Jon M.
Torrasque

Post by Torrasque »

Cool, thank Jon.

I hope they will be included in the next version.
Jon Micheelsen

Post by Jon Micheelsen »

THEY DON'T WORK!! I'll be back when they do!

Jon M.
Jon Micheelsen

Post by Jon Micheelsen »

This is wierd... I save in PsP8, 96x96 pixels, 256colours, using the exact same palette as the other buildpics uses, but out comes a ca. 13.5Kb file instead of the ca. 9Kb files the other buildpics range around!
If I take one of the other buildpics and save them they jump from the ca. 9Kb to the ca. 13.5Kb... :evil:

If someone can make them save right please do so!!

Jon M.
Jon Micheelsen

Post by Jon Micheelsen »

It appears that Microsoft Photo Editor can resave them back to ca 9Kb... I'll reupload a fixedbuildpics_v2.zip on my site...

Jon M.
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

Unf, I hope you kept .bmp copies... It'd be much better than using the crappy TA palette.
colorblind
Spring Developer

Post by colorblind »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the XTA files there already is a buildpic for the radarjammer. It's just not initialized properly.

Return to “Art & Modelling”