Unit request: Heavy rocket kbot

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

SJ

Post by SJ »

I planned to introduce some new tags to missiles in the next release and it would be nice with a new unit to test them on and probably include in future xta versions. It should be build in the arm adv kbot lab and probably look a bit like a jethro but somewhat larger. It should move at about the same speed as a maverick or so.

As weapon it will launch ~6 heavy rockets in a salvo and then have a long reload time. These will move in a somewhat ballistic path and land in the general area of the target using the new tags.

Dont worry to much about polygons but make it <1000 preferably.
emmanuel

Post by emmanuel »

i can help you
i know a model two leeged with 8 visible missile !
but he have too a dbl gun (can be changed in another weapon or will unuse)
many model walker or runer can be 1 2 3 4 6 8 legs
more details requested (radar jamer ?)
SJ

Post by SJ »

but he have too a dbl gun (can be changed in another weapon or will unuse)
Not entirely certain what you mean by that sentence im afraid. If you mean that it has some sort of extra cannon I guess one could allow it to keep that.

I was thinking about a 2 legged one like most other kbots. As for other info I was thinking about a 2-3k metal price range so one could give it some hefty missiles and still have it quite fast. No extra stuff like jamming etc.
Noruas
XTA Developer

Id love to help, although im abit slow on it

Post by Noruas »

Id love to help, although im abit slow on it, howbout a competition between model makers to make the best model and script and then you can choose what you like best SJ.
It should be build in the arm adv kbot lab and probably look a bit like a jethro but somewhat larger. It should move at about the same speed as a maverick or so.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

He wants somethign to test with, by the time everyone had finished there untis, SJ would have finsihed testing the first unit and gotten used to it and included it (unlass it was a really crap unit)
emmanuel

Post by emmanuel »

be quiet noruas you win because i m not a scripter !
i use an old unit (3thparty) nammmed corwolf (another same name exit !)
an rare unit to have visible missile scripted !
it s usless to work two time for this dowload the corwolf
it seem corectly scripted it s a mech style with two arms gun and two missiles rack with in 4 missiles
if i can help i can only change the look and write file for old TA now
sorry
good work
good spring
(i should play but can t start it i post but no result...)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

What was that joke unit in TA that launched missiles and blew up everything?
emmanuel

Post by emmanuel »

maybe...
i don t now
i change always the .fbi for replace with my
oh it s : corwolW (the same name as an ota [wolverine])
SJ

Post by SJ »

If we are to include it in XTA it should of course look as nice as possible although as a test thingy it doesnt matter that much (could probably just make a copy of the jethro for that). So by all mean lets see some competition :)
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

So by all means show us a good (up to date) tutorial on how to make the things!!! I would very much like to make models and the like, but I cannot find a good one anywhere (the one in the wiki is an out dated one for OTA). But mabey I should wait for the new model format. Probably a good idea. Then one of the SY's can write a tutorial explaning all the new features they added.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Well, making a Spring unit is the same as making TA unit. So do a complete TA unit, et voilà, you'd have a Spring unit.
SJ

Post by SJ »

As far as the new tags etc go we try to document them somewhat in the changelog but I guess they will still take some experimentation to do exactly what you want (although its probably still a lot better than what cavedog gave for the original TA stuff).

Documentation isnt really our strong side as you might have noticed so if those who have done the said experimentation would add more through documentation in the wiki or something that would be good.
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

SJ, I'll gladly make this unit...

Does it require a special reloading script? otherwise i'll just script it without if if it would rely on new tags :)

For now i'll work on a model...tomorrow...after I had a some sleep...
SJ

Post by SJ »

No special reloading script would only be needed if you want to do something with the graphics for the unit (like having visible missiles i suppose).

The new tags would only affect how the missiles fly in the air and the angle they are launched in.
emmanuel

Post by emmanuel »

nobody answer about the fps in game...
i asked how is the max unit played without lag(and the config for that)
SJ

Post by SJ »

You have a better chance of answears if you state the question in correct or at least understandable english.
emmanuel

Post by emmanuel »

your answer prob the relativity of the mind ...maybe
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

I'm sorry.... WHAT?

I work in tech support, when people make no sense and they don't understand when I ask them to clairify I make random suggestions.

To access FPS mode use CTRL+middle button to switch modes until it says you are in FPS mode, middle click to turn on free-look and "fly around" with the arrow keys.

To access FPS mode for a specific unit, select that unit and press "c" you will take the perspective of the unit. if it's a ground, the arrow keys control the legs facing and the mouse controls the facing of the gun, clicking fires "all" the weapons supposedly but I'm not sure. If you activate this mode on a plane, the mouse controls the facing of the unit which also controls it's flight... FPS mode tricks the engine into letting you do stuff you arn't usually able to do, like shoot ground units with air to air missiles.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

I'm not sure what the max units is technically... but the lag cause by units is usually framerate related... network lag doesn't depend on number of units from my experience... I start losing frames after 100 units...
emmanuel

Post by emmanuel »

100 unit ...
and how is your framerate at this great unit count?
ohh... my probleme is writed 3 or 4 time :
frame=0 unit=0 (fps=30)

Return to “Art & Modelling”