CORE Radar truck +1 - Page 2

CORE Radar truck +1

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Hoi

Re: CORE Radar truck +1

Post by Hoi »

Hmm, I dunno, maybe it's the top view, could you make a non top view image?

Also, are you going to work on the jammer after this? If so tell me, I'm working on a jammer atm (like the core one) and if you like it you can use it, I think it'll be done in a few days.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

I think it looks brilliant.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Love it.

edit: shopping carts work because you (the pusher) are the center of mass. Notice how hard it is to rotate a shopping cart when it is heavily loaded, while it remains easy to push it forwards? That's because the center of mass has moved to the middle of the cart, so you're trying to twist it with poor leverage.

On a tank, the treads are perpendicular to the center of mass - they're directly to the left and right of it. On a car, the wheels are not. This is why a Segway can turn like a tank, but a Jetta can not.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I love the bendy hinge version
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

Did some more tweaks to it, got rid of the lobsterclaw front wheels and made them inset, and did some changes to the rear drive end and radar parts.

Wheels and tracks are lined up now too, and the dish is much bigger, so I'm going to go ahead and start unwrapping this.

1270 triangles.

Hoi

Post by Hoi »

MUCH better, looking forward to see the texture.
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Looking good. I think the radar could look a little more evil though, it's looking a bit like a bow-tie at the moment... ;)
Elkvis

Post by Elkvis »

More evil? Look at that cockpit, its like a crocodile.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Warlord Zsinj wrote:Looking good. I think the radar could look a little more evil though, it's looking a bit like a bow-tie at the moment... ;)
maybe a simple radome, but people like moving bits.

So i say it's fine.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

smoth wrote:
Warlord Zsinj wrote:Looking good. I think the radar could look a little more evil though, it's looking a bit like a bow-tie at the moment... ;)
maybe a simple radome, but people like moving bits.

So i say it's fine.
The most "improvement" you could do would be match it to the same type of radome/arm used by the Adv Radar Tower. Design isn't very practical, but...
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

Pxtl wrote:This is why a Segway can turn like a tank, but a Jetta can not.
The other reason being that a Segway can rotate its wheels independantly of each other, and only has two of them. a jetta has 4, only 2 are driven, and they cannot be controlled independantly.

a better example would have been a Segway and a motorbike, or a Bobcat (4 wheel skid-steer digger) and a Jetta :P

*cough* hinged works irl too ;)
Radagast

Post by Radagast »

I liked the first one if it could turn or not wasn't an issue it had more character in my opinion. Plus who knows what technology they would have in those days to turn things.
Caradhras

Post by Caradhras »

/me likes it.

Especially the radar dish is better, because in the first concept it was wayyyy to small!
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

I liked the visual of the 1st one too, it had more personality and looked like a big metal Bullfrog, but it wouldn't have been able to steer apparently.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

the 1st one was the best, everyone in this thread other than me is dead wrong!
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Machiosabre wrote:the 1st one was the best, everyone in this thread other than me is dead wrong!
I liked the second one - 1st-style front with the added swivelling body. Best of both worlds - looks good turning, and has the nicer shape.
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

I really liked the first one, it looked really "out there" and something exotically advanced like you'd expect to find millions of years in the future being fielded by a central consciousness army. The second one is pretty cool, but the third looks "less" advanced.

IMO the first fits with the overall theme better.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

It's an evil bow-tie.
cong06

Post by cong06 »

nah, last one looks the best.

great work.
GBscientist

Post by GBscientist »

Effing A! :-)

Mr. D, your third version has restored my will to live. The old radar truck was so hideously ugly that I could never bring myself to use it. Now it will be a centerpiece of my strategy.

Return to “Art & Modelling”