fido - Page 7

fido

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Machiosabre

Re: fido

Post by Machiosabre »

I just did that, bet you didn't notice though, cause I'm just that good.
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

Ok well i might as well just give it a go

i have a few questions

* do i fix first this uvmap by rotate stuff etc. ? (how the hell do i know later what what is?
* do i than just memorise the stuff or look it up in wings and paint.(shoudnt i atleast group stuff)
* do i remove lateron all the blacklines or will i be doing that in the proces.(Mr d you seems to use grey)
* When the uvmap is ready should i just try 10 x(or should i pic a section and than move on to another)

greetz daan
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Don't bother uvmapping it, you need to try that with something simple first, uvmapping isnt hard, but you need to know how it works, eg overlays, and really, 1400 Is too much for a fido, and again, I can reduce it alot without losing detail, its not that you used 1400tri's, its that you wasted some, that is a bad thing.
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

oh well this is great help

and i will try it
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

When you have a model with a ton of little stuff like that you might wanna draw part of the texture as a generic stuff like metal, dirt, greebles and just put the little polygons there afterwards, kind of like you were working with 3do.
Tribulexrenamed

Post by Tribulexrenamed »

daan 79 wrote:I agree on both of you!

But i tried to listen a little to the input(made me see gorilla is better than dog)
And i tried to put some own input in it that made me feel the model is still mine.

Well i hope this is ok!

I kinda glad with all the responses. Sorry if i didnt listen to much!

rofl thats so funky and cool. I approve.
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

I tried to texture and kinda refabricate old texture to paste where i wanted. I am not sure this is the right way to learn. But well i kinda ended up with this.

greetz daan
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Lol looks a bit like emmanuels textures :P
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

it was just a try i used some texture from the shere bot in ca but i am just trying some feedback :P would be ok
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

show me the uvmap:)
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

Hah, that looks a bit odd - keep trying though :)

Also, could we see playdistance texture as well as zoomed in for the next versions?
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

Hoi wrote:Lol looks a bit like emmanuels textures :P
thats not fair. daan is trying... emmanuel, well, im sure he must have thought it was awesome :/
Wolf-In-Exile

Post by Wolf-In-Exile »

* do i fix first this uvmap by rotate stuff etc. ? (how the hell do i know later what what is?
* do i than just memorise the stuff or look it up in wings and paint.(shoudnt i atleast group stuff)
Depends on how you arrange the UV map. As a general rule, keep the up/down orientation for your UVs, so it will be easier to paint preshading in. You have to remember where you put the UVs for every face, so if you forget, you have to go look at the UV map again to refresh your memory.

To save yourself headaches, assign one spot on the UV map for each specific part of the model and try to keep adjacent objects next to each other on the UV map, but don't be afraid to put them elsewhere if it can net you more efficient UVs.
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

This shows a image me putting stuff over eachother. I try to keep in mind what wolf told me. That was very helpfull. Aswell as your model when i modeled mine :D hope it isnt too much of an offence. After some relaying i ended up with all stuff left corner but i coudnt make it fit the original squar. This is kinda fun. Wolf tx for your command and the model reference.

and tx for the chars ups!

gn
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

this requires an autistic child to solve... AF your cue
smoth

Post by smoth »

rattle wrote:this requires an autistic child to solve... AF your cue
Or smothing.... but I am not touching that uv.. so yeah, call out the tinfoil hat.
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

how can i after i saved some space use ful capacaty of uvmap again :D?
Evil4Zerggin

Post by Evil4Zerggin »

1. Use mirroring. You can use Flip (in the right-click menu), then overlap it with its double.

2. Try not to cut so many edges. The fewer charts you have the less headaches you'll get trying to UV and texture your model.

3. The point of packing/overlapping charts is so that you can make them bigger. Just packing them doesn't do you any good. After you pack charts together right-click and scale the chart(s) so they are as big as possible. If you want more texture detail on a chart make it bigger. If you don't need as much make it smaller.

4. If you need to line up two charts, select the edges you want to match and do Rotate->Chart to X (or Y).
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

If you have a ton of little UV areas you might consider making some generic texture areas (dirt, metal, panels etc) and just putting them there.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

daan 79 wrote:I tried to texture and kinda refabricate old texture to paste where i wanted. I am not sure this is the right way to learn. But well i kinda ended up with this.

greetz daan
lol wut

seriously though, needs a lot of work dude

Return to “Art & Modelling”