fido - Page 5

fido

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Jazcash

Re: fido

Post by Jazcash »

PicassoCT wrote:Why do Guns always have to be big Retro in Second&First Worldwarstyle? Modern Guns are as fragile as they can be (using Plastic to make them Lighter, only Barrel and Mechanics are still made of Metall... so why has it always to be the return to the big Ugly Metallrod..

Samething with Computers.. once you mention, really powerfull Machinery, the Comon Imagination looks for a ManhighBox resembling to the Garagesized Futurefurniture of 50s...why, can´t small be beautifull, after all everything modern is becoming greater with shrinking size (Radio>Walkman>Mp3Player) Power increased.. Size smaller.. and there comes a nice surprise Effect with it.. imagine a Davidfleah blasting One-Shot a Krog with one longloading Blast....

I wish there was a Competition for the most bizarre, fragile Ray/lightning/gun design.. just once not the sizematters Metall Dick..

It even could be made completely of free floating elements, only hold together by a Forcefield.. It´s the Future, hell, get over it.
smoth

Post by smoth »

some plastics are stronger than steel when it comes to bearing loads etc. It is all in what they are being used for. It is a matter of weight tolerances and the effects of heat.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

I know of modern Plastics, my Brother worked in a Company who used them, one Example he told me off.. a sort of synthetic Glue they used to bind there Production Machines to the Floor.. it was so strong, it was nesescarry to break the Concrete to move the Machines again.. so i do not belittle modern weapons, i praise there reliability althoug looking far more fragile than there massiv Worldwar Forerunners.. So still my Point holds, why has every Gun to be Big Bertha Reduced? I really liked the Fragile, raffined RailgunVariant on the Fido- and then the usual - more steel, make it massive, supersize it, kill-o-zap it pleaz? Why? There are so many Beautifull Laser and Gunvariations out there, why has it always to be the boring heavy Metall Bagpipe of Death?

Examples (Planetary Defense in CoS)

I just don´t this artificiall limitation when it comes down to the Barrel..
smoth

Post by smoth »

because we are talking artillery guns and those are huge and made of metal.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Not Nessesary- remember the Grenadelauncher from Outcast, or any other Mortar, take the Starcraft Reever, take Dark Reign- not i ment Battlezone II the AcidAlienBlobDropper or the RocketArtillery on the Human Side..

Why not move on, every other Thread the Rant to move away from the TA-Original, well why not doing the first step here, sending the Fido into the right direction ?

Sorry for the Spellos, i am Tired
smoth

Post by smoth »

I understand posting half awake I do it to Picasso, it's all good. Well thing is the starcraft reaver just emits a project, the outcast grenade launcher is as you say, a grenade launcher.. I did not play dark reign or bzII so I cannot compare the stuff.

artillery guns are pretty much going to look that way.

The fido doesn't have a rail gun and it doesn't have a plasma rifle. It has a large artillery gun on it's back. If it was a plasma or laser unit I could see using that design but it isn't.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

CoS
??
I did not play dark reign or bzII
DR was one of the most neglected RTS games ever
Gota

Post by Gota »

I played dark reighn 2.Like one of the first 3d rts games.
Was very cool.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Actually, Dark Reign 2 was shit and it wasn't one of the first 3D RTS games either.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Cos = Crest of the Stars

And im still tempted to start a Designthread on Non-Artillerie Energyrifles alone - and in the FidoUnitdescription there stand, that he uses a Gausrifle..that means.. wiki, wiki, wiki.. thats a magnetic coil gun then, which is a Artillerycannon, based upon eletric Energy in Coils.. okay, okay, i sank myself, but.. but still the Point that there is not enough Variation in Energyrifles has a hold, beyond this Thread and Topic. Take the Zeus,for Example.. every other Game would celebrate the Teslatrooper with a real Coily Arm, but not Spring..

It´s not that i can´t give up, having no point, it´s just a Battle that continues for good Reason ;)
smoth

Post by smoth »

picasson, I was going with a traditional look when I started that ak model but everyone shot me down so I scrapped it.

There are many units who use laser/plasma.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

that ak model is cool, its just that when people have something to compare it to, they whine, always, if you make a few final adjustments I'm sure everyone will like it :-)
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

smoth wrote:picasson, I was going with a traditional look when I started that ak model but everyone shot me down so I scrapped it.

There are many units who use laser/plasma.
But those many Units Guns don´t look like Plasma or Laserguns at all - they still resemble a Metall-Artillery-Pipe...

Know we are going to see, who is more Stubborn.. this is going to be the PinkvsRed of the Century.. ;)
Tribulexrenamed

Post by Tribulexrenamed »

daan 79 wrote:Ok i think now i made the model a bit too dog like. Lol and it dont get much to eat :D. but i like the scalaten idea so i could give him maybe some ribs to protect his organs maybe.

And yet i have no idea what those egdge hardness is i think its something like the smooth option in upspring. I less prefer this one but maybe it gets me some ideas for a new one.

daan
What is that?

I like the idea of a fido being a fast awesome kbot tiger with bfgs on his back. But dont hurt my pore fidos too much.
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

i feel like this gonna hunt me the rest of my life
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Poor Daan

See the Logo to the Uper left of the Website.. it´s the Sprinbrand, that´s the ugly Part of OpenSource, once you contributed, two Swedes appear at your home, burning the SpringLogo (with a iron hot & shaped as the sun) on a Body Part of your Choice..

At least they don´t insist on the tatooed Penispinguin of the Linuxcomunity (The untold Reason why they are forfree& stillnot sucessfull. Microsoft at least just hurts when it comes down to money)

;)

I demand less archaic Welcome Rituals.. or at least a motive of Choice... so Daan make "the" most beautifull Fido ever, because his Picture may last livelong...

(That´s what i call Motivationmethods... )
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

PicassoCT wrote: See the Logo to the Uper left of the Website.. it´s the Sprinbrand, that´s the ugly Part of OpenSource, once you contributed, two Swedes appear at your home, burning the SpringLogo (with a iron hot & shaped as the sun) on a Body Part of your Choice..
Someone add this to the ToS.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

JAZCASH wrote:
PicassoCT wrote: See the Logo to the Uper left of the Website.. it´s the Sprinbrand, that´s the ugly Part of OpenSource, once you contributed, two Swedes appear at your home, burning the SpringLogo (with a iron hot & shaped as the sun) on a Body Part of your Choice..
Someone add this to the ToS.
ToS?

TodosofSpring?
TerribleObsticlesofSpring?
TerroronSight?
TrojanofSpring?
Trip on Salicylacid?
Tales of Spring?
Torture-o-Scale?

Me puzzled by what got muzzled! ;)
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Tortoises Occasionally Spunk.
smoth

Post by smoth »

PicassoCT wrote:But those many Units Guns don´t look like Plasma or Laserguns at all - they still resemble a Metall-Artillery-Pipe...

Know we are going to see, who is more Stubborn.. this is going to be the PinkvsRed of the Century.. ;)
well in the end it is all up to the artists doing the models and what they want to make. I think that we will see more stuff of course the peewee was already struck from CA so we have lost that unit already.

Return to “Art & Modelling”