fido - Page 6

fido

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

daan 79

Re: fido

Post by daan 79 »

i might wanna finish that fido, this tread seems to be unstoppeble
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Smoth, Myself & some Others are very infamous for insisting on the Truth, wich is that Gunbarrels don´t show enough Variations- once those Truths don´t fit together we tend to fight it out to the very end.

Going down in Flamez- only a beautifull Fido can save this day and Thread... from the Marching Pyros of the Springboard- feared in every Corner of the Web ;)
smoth

Post by smoth »

butter side uP!
Jasper1984

Post by Jasper1984 »

PicassoCT wrote:Smoth, Myself & some Others are very infamous for insisting on the Truth, wich is that Gunbarrels don´t show enough Variations- once those Truths don´t fit together we tend to fight it out to the very end.
I could agree here, but i also think that there has to be a sort of standard barrel for the same type of weapon. I think, that plain barrels are fine for plasma weapons. Perhaps think about what electical, shockwave, and (beam)laser weapons should look like, so modelers can know before they start?
smoth

Post by smoth »

or rather than try and put constraints on modelers you could model it yourself. Yes, you should dictate to volunteers how they should spend their time!
Jasper1984

Post by Jasper1984 »

@smoth: I was thinking more of the lines of non-binding ideas, and maybe some things it should not be. The second attempt of my AK+1 for instance, does not have a very good gun yet, because i do not have a good idea what to make of it.(Hmm maybe some grooves?) It is nice to give modelers freedom, but i think a mod needs consistency as well. Pre-seeding some ideas might help modelers bump the edges of consistency less.
BTW i copied some of your ideas there.(Specifically, the chin.) Consider it a compliment :-), maybe you should listen to criticism better. That AK you made earlier, did look very heavy and armored, you know. (Maybe it could still be used when it is changed to look a lot lighter.)

As for the fidos and CA here, to be honest none of the styles fit what exists of newer ARM kbots. It needs to be rounded IMO. (Edit: feel free to model what you want though..)
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Well, of course i would psi-ampf- use the force, to get this idea down there throats. And i would like to begin with Smoth, who just has in his Mod one of the Greates Weaponvariations around and wants to keep a Monopol ;)

Rant a Conspiracy- Why so angry Smoth, because i long for a litte Brainstorming? ;)
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

I tried the second last model but i tuned it so much nothing is left of it. :roll:

But i think still the old model you guys reverd was cool is more appropriate. :twisted:

I kinda got stuck on it. so this isnt any i wanted it to be. :-)

But in the end i think it will contribute in the process. :lol:

smoth

Post by smoth »

Jasper1984 wrote:BTW i copied some of your ideas there.(Specifically, the chin.) Consider it a compliment :-), maybe you should listen to criticism better. That AK you made earlier, did look very heavy and armored, you know. (Maybe it could still be used when it is changed to look a lot lighter.)
Yours looks heavier than mine and that wasn't the main argument that people had. They didn't like the fact that I wanted the laser to look like a *gasp* laser, which is exactly what Picasso was asking for.

For one, the modeling details should vary widely for ta units, these are warmachines that were developed over millenia and thusly will have wide ranging body styles and weapons. The sort of uniform body stlye and look that some people propose is an afront to this.

As far as consistency, you are not getting it. Mr. D and I have a drastically different style and frankly the two of us have very different ideas of what looks good. Hell they do not make sense next to the spherebots. The point is that trying to establish a hardline style is wrong and I do not feel that anyone has the right to make such as demand of the modelers. They should be free to make crappy or great models.

As far as taking critisim, I was doing my vision of the AK, some people wanted their vision of what it should have been. That's fine, they can make it. I am not their puppet artist nor will I become that. SO I take critiques fine, I do not take demands on style or concept when I have a solid idea of what I want. Which is why I am so repulsed by the idea of someone trying to set some bullshit guideline.

Picasso, I was not replying to you, I agreed with you that the units needed more variety.

Daan, that looks like a gorrilla, expect people to baw about it.
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

You've made two useable models now imo, the one on 3rd page halfway down that a few people liked, and the latest one, which looks like a gorilla but... gorilla makes equal sense to dog, why not.

Maybe one could morph into the other :D

Favourite is still the previous one though all in all.
smoth

Post by smoth »

fido _morph_ GoldenMagilla, I like it.
Jasper1984

Post by Jasper1984 »

smoth wrote:Yours looks heavier than mine and that wasn't the main argument that people had.
Well, my only objection is that it looks like something for the warriors role.
My second attempt looks like it is a mech, but one that has speed. The second iteration of the second attempt tried to fix the mechy-ness of it.(And the legs, and the hunch.) This is all in my opinion, of course. But if we want to discuss the AK further we should do so in my or your AK+1 thread.

fido _morph_ poodle
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Daan I like the Fidos Gun Upper left and lower Picture right.. they both have something of Strength barely bound to steel...

PS: Now it happened, i got poetic over another Gun - and my good old M45 heard it, no, no of course i don´t speak with other Guns, Darling, never ever, i know how you would chainreact and explode if i would do that. Come on, are you looking at me that way, For-geve me, Kiss, so Safety off...

The National Rifle Association is there to stop you living with your Gun in Sin ;) No matter how small your Barrel is, in Bullseye it matters..
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

I agree on both of you!

But i tried to listen a little to the input(made me see gorilla is better than dog)
And i tried to put some own input in it that made me feel the model is still mine.

Well i hope this is ok!

I kinda glad with all the responses. Sorry if i didnt listen to much!
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Quite some wastage, I could fix that if you upload the model.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Don´t upload, don´t change, don´t even dare to move. There is a certain stage, where the need to fork is done. It is perfect now, one more Line would ruin it- so put your weapon... your cursore down now, me is begging for it. It Gorrilarulez.. :D

Sorry for not taking notice in the first Spot- i was sort of ferromagnetic Eyefixed on the Upperpart..
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

Great daan, I like the look of that one. Don't have any design criticism really, it's nice!
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

tx :D you guys really made me feel better

But untill i can skin its worthless.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

daan 79 wrote:tx :D you guys really made me feel better
This is a very very veeeeerry unspringish Moment. I Sort of feel useless, oh, Problems, aaah it´s a relieve there is still a Chance for a Rant.
daan 79 wrote:
But untill i can skin its worthless.
Skinning is easy, just remodell it in Highest Detail (around 9 Million Polys) , asign Rendermaterials and finally burn it to Texture ;)
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

PicassoCT wrote:Don´t upload, don´t change, don´t even dare to move. There is a certain stage, where the need to fork is done. It is perfect now, one more Line would ruin it- so put your weapon... your cursore down now, me is begging for it. It Gorrilarulez.. :D

Sorry for not taking notice in the first Spot- i was sort of ferromagnetic Eyefixed on the Upperpart..
I can make tricount drop without it being visable

Return to “Art & Modelling”