fido - Page 2

fido

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Re: fido

Post by bobthedinosaur »

oh no!
*braces himself for ta pronz mod
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

Spore for Spring!
bwansy

Post by bwansy »

Reminds me of Zoids.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

How about going more Animal in the Skeletton?

A.M.E.E.out of the Movie Red Planet- the Home of the Dog!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIEWQVImE1I
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Jasper1984 wrote: Here is my popup gun, i mean it to be a popup gun of CA ARM. When i figure out movement, i will try to make the torusses move backward (When it shoots, the fire effect currently has rings too.), and let the gun fold forward and then go down (partially) into the ground. I might replace the stem, and maybe i wil make a dome that covers in similarly as the current popup. (Hmm, images are scaled down, decrease size next time.) I looked at the current CA turrets and they are rounded too.
CA, like OTA, uses the 'Similiar weapon type, similiar barrel type' ideal. I made the sort of 'death ray' barrel type for arm beamlasers, as something distinctive and unique and immediately identifiable. However, nobody likes it at all, so we'll probably have to come up with a new design.

CA's popup turrets are Gauss/rail guns, they arent lasers, so even if we arent (probably) going to scrap the 'ray gun look' then it wouldnt be appropriate for a gauss/rail weapon.
Jasper1984

Post by Jasper1984 »

@Sakoth: hmm i like the current newer turret models at least. (You mean continuous or just beams?) I guess you are right that this weapon shape doesn't really fit the idea of a gauss rifle.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Jasper1984 wrote:@Sakoth: hmm i like the current newer turret models at least. (You mean continuous or just beams?) I guess you are right that this weapon shape doesn't really fit the idea of a gauss rifle.
'beamlaser' is the engines term for the instant-hit BA-style weapon.
'beamweapon' is the engines name for the the Star-wars, XTA, OTA style slow moving beam.
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

Hi

Ok tx for all the help. I Think indeed the unit was te robust. But i might have taking it now to a too much animal like unit. Anyway this is what i now came up with.

The legs are a bit borked as well as the gun but i think i much more prefer this less robust form. greetz daan. Not sure this takes me step backwords or if it is an improvement.

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

YEaaaahheees... it now looks like the crouching Tiger, this beast really should resemble :-)
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

LIGER ZERO STRIKE LASER CLAW!!!

Seriously, work through the WIP thread because it contains so much useful information
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

I like the middle one, though the whole turret thing is a bit over complicated you could just do an old fashioned tank dealie

Hoi

Post by Hoi »

You really need to start setting up edge hardness.
TheRegisteredOne

Post by TheRegisteredOne »

you guys suck. Stop butchering it :O
Gota

Post by Gota »

Having a gun for a head,IMO,is brillaint for the fido.
Also IMO it should be a bite more layed down and not so square in its form.
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

Ok i think now i made the model a bit too dog like. Lol and it dont get much to eat :D. but i like the scalaten idea so i could give him maybe some ribs to protect his organs maybe.

And yet i have no idea what those egdge hardness is i think its something like the smooth option in upspring. I less prefer this one but maybe it gets me some ideas for a new one.

daan
smokingwreckage

Post by smokingwreckage »

That's not the OTA Fido at ALL but it's pretty damn cool!
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

Wow. That is cool. The only bit I'm not sure about is the whole nose-gun thing. Would that model work with a gun turret on its back instead? Or just a more gun-like face gun, it looks too much like a big nose now.

This also gave me visions of a whole new robot faction with a skeletal aesthetic. Should keep that model around somewhere even if you end up changing it for the fido!
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

needs moar of this!

or you could do it with this style of head

daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

Tx guys

I feel like givin it another try. It just not satisefiing yet :D. I have quit alot fun and learning experience tx to all those suggestions and pics.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Amee FTW!

Return to “Art & Modelling”