CORE Tremor +1

CORE Tremor +1

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

MR.D

CORE Tremor +1

Post by MR.D »

This is my start on WIP for the Tremor artillery truck.

I think this is the last 3d party unit for the Core vehicle lineup that is left.

I designed the main chase to work as 2 separate parts for driving, where the front section will rotate left and right to aid in turning, I also had it in mind to be a much wider solid looking unit, as the original Tremor model always looked like it could just tip over when it starts firing..

(at least that was the plan)

It is basically a massive crawler truck with the gun mounted on the back end, so I thought anything with that much weight would really drag if it used tracks alone for steering.

Whether or not scripting will end up being a nightmare to do for steering and seperating all the parts like I will have to do for 2 sectioned animated tracks.. I am not sure if its really going to be easy, but I am going to go that direction with it.

The cannon is what really poses a problem for me, as far as how the barrels will move and all the parts for aiming ect when it starts rotating and firing, I will need some help from you guys when it comes to putting that aspect of the unit together.

So far its at 1324 triangles, unoptimized and unfinished.

** 3d party Tremor model taken from BA **

** My Remodel **
Gota

Re: CORE Tremor +1

Post by Gota »

Its very cool but something is lacking.
Maybe the 2 pieces,the base and the turret do not match well together.

Maybe you should rethink the entire turet and let go of the ta design completly since,TBH,it was always rediculeous.
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

Not sure about that one. Looks quite imbalanced towards the rear and... I dunno, just a bit strange. I think that an alternative weapon appearance wouldn't hurt, maybe a bank of smaller guns without the revolving aspect, or revolving in a minigun sort of fashion instead of vertically.

It is a really odd weapon in any case, but it looks more out of place there than it does on the original.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

It looks a bit like a hovercraft to me.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

I dont really care for the bent barrels and double base, I think the sort of spoked wheel shape in the tremor is the most important part and these things sort of detract from it.
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

If i look at the model i would suggest to make the shooting struction more to the middel. otherways i feels like its gonna flip backwards and maybe the stuff around the tires a little more solid or higher so it looks less hover.
Elkvis

Post by Elkvis »

Hows this?

Allow the barrels to recess into a slot in the base when rotating, meaning the cannon bit can be lower, improving the visual balance and centre of gravity.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

This is not Mr.D's best model, but that's not his fault, the tremor is just a rediculous unit, and it's VERY clear that it's not an ota unit.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

quiet you
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

I'd bring the tracks closer in to the centerline (and maybe mount the fore ones on the central hull itself).

Gun is unrealistic, but cool-looking. Maybe lower it when not in use?
MDV

Post by MDV »

Cool. I like this bottom.)
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Not a TA unit :P
Wolf-In-Exile

Post by Wolf-In-Exile »

The lower angle of the guns looks cool buzzsaw look at first, but when you think about it they'll hit the back of the other barrels during recoil.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Gota wrote:it was always rediculeous.
That's the point, it's like OMG THAT TRUCK HAS A FREAKING WHEEL OF LIKE 8 GUNS ON IT!!!!
Wolf-In-Exile wrote:The lower angle of the guns looks cool buzzsaw look at first, but when you think about it they'll hit the back of the other barrels during recoil.
Yeah... uhm... it like, uses the recoil to recover some energy to recharge the next shot...
Gota

Post by Gota »

I still think the whole tower should be removed and made into something awsome from MR.D's imagination.ANd later on the buzzsaw itself can be changed in the same spirit as well.
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

Maybe you can give him animated stuff to fix the unit on the ground liek this and maybe change the gun in somthing totally different.

This model is copyrighted if you wanna use it espect a much costs. exploitation of this model is strictly illigal. Aswell is the picture.

MR.D

Post by MR.D »

daan 79 wrote: This model is copyrighted if you wanna use it espect a much costs. exploitation of this model is strictly illigal. Aswell is the picture.
[
eh.. wtf?
that a joke?

p.s. you guys sure are hard to please..
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

well you don't actually have to listen to anyone :P

I do think every time I do this its not useful at all, but it's fun.
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

daan 79 wrote:
This model is copyrighted if you wanna use it espect a much costs. exploitation of this model is strictly illigal. Aswell is the picture.
[

eh.. wtf?
that a
it was more a way of saying how much i succeed in modeling

Ehm i love most of your work keep it up
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

What is the model for that its making you money?

Return to “Art & Modelling”