CORE Tremor +1 - Page 5

CORE Tremor +1

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Crayfish

Re: CORE Tremor +1

Post by Crayfish »

Wolf-In-Exile wrote:I vote for Rhino, with a wider body and narrower treads.
That would let it have a bigger gun... 8)
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

Poll time!
Jasper1984

Post by Jasper1984 »

Pxtl wrote:I prefer the Rooster, since I loved the bizarreness of the ferris-wheel gun. The other one reminds me of an old 3rd Party Unit called the Bob (basically a mobile rapid-fire Guardian).
I like the ferris wheel gun idea better aswel, but the rooster looks too clunky imo though, so if it is rooster vs rhino, i would choose the rhino.(Which does look absolutely cool, but has less distinctiveness.)

I don't get why people think the tremor looks too unstable. It fires up, no large horizontal forces, guns have limited rotation angle and moves slowly, it does not need to be that stable.. Mostly i like everything i noticed so far on Mr.D.s models, except the flatness of the underside of some of the vehicles:(Well, some versions of the vehicles.)
Maybe you are over-rating stability?
That said, most of his models are/end up awesome.
Last edited by Jasper1984 on 29 Aug 2008, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

win win win
GBscientist

Post by GBscientist »

The Rooster is definitely more Tremor, but the Rhino is more Awesome. I say finish both and let the mod makers use what they want.
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

That'd be a waste of Mr.D's efforts, I think. There's plenty of other stuff awaiting his attention - I'd rather he picked one and then moved onto something else. I'd love to see him turn his attention to the kbots...
smokingwreckage

Post by smokingwreckage »

Well, I kinda like original Tremor. Given that, I'd say use the Rhino or just keep original Tremor- it's not a Cavedog unit anyway.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Shit, now there's a dilemma. Both models are sexeh...

I say, keep the Rhino (and call it the Rhino) and release it as a new unit, alongside a remodeled Tremor.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Yes, use both, theyre both great
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I think Arm should use the Rhino and Core use the Rooster.
Masure

Post by Masure »

Arm doesn't have multiple canon artillery but the shapes look a bit more armish.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Masure wrote:Arm doesn't have multiple canon artillery but the shapes look a bit more armish.
Could just tone down the fire rate on the rhino and make it the lunger.
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

That'd be a waste of Mr.D's efforts, I think. There's plenty of other stuff awaiting his attention - I'd rather he picked one and then moved onto something else. I'd love to see him turn his attention to the kbots...
finally we got rid off silly tremor. No need for arm to pop in this topic. we might need a poll about this tho. But he The Rhino proved its popularity and face it the textures anly gonna make that more treu. Nice job having a unit (that isnt new) and feels a bit new. I like the creativity and in time all gonna love this model.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

yeah, these 3d party units are a bit tricky to mold into anything closely resembling a CORE unit, or whichever side they're soposed to portrait.

Anymore I just try to have fun with the 3d party units and be creative instead of trying to imagine what the Cavedog guys would have had them look like 13 years ago when this game was first out :P

Core units definitely have a design philosophy to them, and while I may get close some of the time, I'll never get it dead on perfect, its just impossible..

About the remodels having a flat underside, thats easy :) because 98% of the time you'll never see the undercarriage of a unit, and even that other 2%, the unit is probably flipping around so fast that you'd never pay attention to it anyway, just not worth investing extra triangles or texture work for something you almost never see.

I was hoping Smoth would fire up his Kbot skills like he started with the Morty, since he's the master of Bipeds with all the work he's put into his gundam characters.

Kbots just don't get enough love :lol:
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Yeah, smoth and maybe one or two others seem to have the ability for bipeds and kbot style units. Everyone seems to attempt it, but most don't get anywhere. I think you'd be fairly succesful with them, you seem to have a good sense of balance for your vehicles - and a good sense of balance really makes or breaks a kbot unit.
smoth

Post by smoth »

MR.D wrote: I was hoping Smoth would fire up his Kbot skills like he started with the Morty, since he's the master of Bipeds with all the work he's put into his gundam characters.
my ak and dominator models are sitting on my thumb drive right here. However, people strongly rejected what I was doing with the AK and in realizing that I do not feel like hearing all the bullshit from them I decided to say fuck it and just focus on gundam and TD.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

you're so delicate, smoth :P

what did the dominator look like? I don't remember that one
Masure

Post by Masure »

smoth wrote:
MR.D wrote: I was hoping Smoth would fire up his Kbot skills like he started with the Morty, since he's the master of Bipeds with all the work he's put into his gundam characters.
my ak and dominator models are sitting on my thumb drive right here. However, people strongly rejected what I was doing with the AK and in realizing that I do not feel like hearing all the bullshit from them I decided to say fuck it and just focus on gundam and TD.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

smoth wrote:my ak and dominator models are sitting on my thumb drive right here.
I like the ak alot, didnt saw the dominator.
smoth wrote: I decided to say fuck it and just focus on gundam and TD.
I thought you stopped working on it becaus people were whining on the fact that you didnt release anything?
Masure

Post by Masure »

Don't bother smoth with TD, it was a bad joke from me. He explained clearly that he was focusing on Gundam.

Return to “Art & Modelling”