a tip for texturing

a tip for texturing

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Hoi

a tip for texturing

Post by Hoi »

when i click something in the uvmap or model, it will all become red so you have an idea what you are going to texture, helped me alot:)
[Krogoth86]

Re: a tip for texturing

Post by [Krogoth86] »

1.) Yeah, selected things in Wings3D highlight up in red - so you actually found out how to use this software?! :wink:

2.) Not everyone uses Wings3D - you actually didn't even mention that it is Wings3D at all...

3.) Why is this in the "Games and mods" forum?

4.) If this sounded offensive I'm sorry but it really is an extremely minor detail you'll probably get to know in about every tutorial about how to use Wings3d... :wink:
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

[Krogoth86] wrote:1.) Yeah, selected things in Wings3D highlight up in red - so you actually found out how to use this software?! :wink:

2.) Not everyone uses Wings3D - you actually didn't even mention that it is Wings3D at all...

3.) Why is this in the "Games and mods" forum?

4.) If this sounded offensive I'm sorry but it really is an extremely minor detail you'll probably get to know in about every tutorial about how to use Wings3d... :wink:
yes but if you dont read the tutorial like me :wink:
Alchemist

Post by Alchemist »

Those wheels are going to be nearly impossible to texture.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Alchemist wrote:Those wheels are going to be nearly impossible to texture.
False.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Why does everyone say that..? o_O
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

im redoing the wheels anyway, too much polys
Evil4Zerggin

Post by Evil4Zerggin »

Snipawolf wrote:Why does everyone say that..? o_O
Maybe they're like me, and didn't realize that you didn't have to unfold everything as if it were a rigid paper model.

For those of you who don't know: Like a map of the world, you can distort some faces of a model to make it flat, which can make the UV map simpler. Simply cutting along planes of symmetry is enough for many models.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Yeah for the love of clean UV maps flatten stuff where you can (as in where the distortion goes unnoticed). Painting straight and having some distortion is a much better trade-off than painting in odd angles.

Return to “Art & Modelling”