Core LvL-1 Vehicle Factory +1 - Page 3

Core LvL-1 Vehicle Factory +1

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

MR.D

Re: Core LvL-1 Vehicle Factory +1

Post by MR.D »

OK, check the Mr.D's CORE remakes thread for download.

All ready to pump out some CORE pwnage :D
clumsy_culhane

Post by clumsy_culhane »

.. soo whats next Mr. D?
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

Gonna work on some LVL-2 vehicles.

I'm going to up the detail and polies a bit tho for the LVl-2 units to add in some more smoothness or details.
Vadi

Post by Vadi »

CA 1574 has the factory in it, it looks awesome. Love the animations.

Just one minor complaint; the fan has a light on it that rotates with the fan itself (I guess it's a static picture). Could that be fixed? It looks kinda weird with the light on the fan rotating too.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

The only two things I didn't like were the fan texture not being centered on the quad and they should have had highlights from the front instead of a fixed spotlight reflection. Overall it's a pretty good job reflecting the OTA model pretty well.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

I did the spotlight lighting on it for 1 reason only, if I had done a straight frontal lighting, I don't think the fan would show the movement and outline of the fan as well.

The contrast on it, while not looking correct up close, maintains its visual of there being rotation and movement at the longer ranges.

With Normal mapping, stuff like that could be done with minimal polygons and still keep proper lighting.

I figured this was the best way to go for using a flat plane object instead of an actual 3d fan or normal mapping support.
TheRegisteredOne

Post by TheRegisteredOne »

rattle wrote:There are no real workarounds, this is as far as it gets without any kind of (expensive) sorting or a peeling shader. If it was that easy then I'm pretty sure someone would've implemented it ages ago.

Anyway, it's done. Video here.

[modedit] That video link needs to be in bold due to awesomeness.
omg! The opening animation is like transformers :P. the fans and nanos are awesome too! Great job!
Gota

Post by Gota »

Imo you should have more units/buildings emiting some light from some places.Im not saying warc3 lightning show im talking gentle lights being ommited by certain parts or areas.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

That is entirely mod specific and not my business.

Return to “Art & Modelling”