texture and anti-cheat

texture and anti-cheat

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators, MR.D, Moderators

emmanuel

texture and anti-cheat

Post by emmanuel »

really i don t like many texture in total
i ask if change my texture file is illegal for the futur anti-cheat prog or not ?
0 x

Tangaroa

Post by Tangaroa »

I will be bitching and whining at anyone who tries to suggest that feature for the anti cheat program.

I can see no substantial benifit that anyone could possibly gain from altering the textures of the units.
0 x

emmanuel

Post by emmanuel »

in the fps games the "cheaters" replace camo by fluo flashy colors
if a reco unit (ex: jammer) move in your los in camo it s more dificult to see
but i think it s not very important
0 x

[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Lemme just put some speed stripes on that krogoth and we'll see what you say then. :twisted:
0 x

emmanuel

Post by emmanuel »

i past a new step in my personal work on .3do
is without cheating that i scale the size of a unit in 3do without aply in footprint ?
0 x

jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

most things you modify will cause sync errors, so really can't be used online... makes it pretty impossible to cheat except for cheats that would get rid of LOS and such (ie those that don't directly influence gamestate but just give the player more info)
0 x

Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

Yeah, you can't alter 3do files in Spring. That's why EvOTA and OTA are not compatible with each other. And it does make a huge difference, since the size and shape of a model effects how the unit aims and where it can fire from and all that...
0 x

emmanuel

Post by emmanuel »

sure i see it when i changed axes weapons
but for textures or object only it seem we can cheat by scale the ennemy commander visibility(not footprint sure)

a great question : is the chat "+showranges " work in spring and is a 3d draw
0 x

jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

a great question : is the chat "+showranges " work in spring and is a 3d draw
You could try it before asking here...
And using a question mark after questions is kinda useful too...
0 x

Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

Spring automatically shows weapon ranges when you press "A" (or the Attack button) to issue an attack order. I don't know if there's a way to display other ranges such as builddistance though. LOS and Radar can be seen by pressing "L".
0 x

PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Gnome wrote:Spring automatically shows weapon ranges when you press "A" (or the Attack button) to issue an attack order. ...
Also, when you are about to place a firing building (like a cannon), it shows it's range.
Also, if you hold the cursor on top of a unit and press shift, it shows it's range.
0 x

emmanuel

Post by emmanuel »

for the oldta players remind when put a ground attack the damage area is drawing too
is the same in spring?
sorry: i should try spring but i need help because i stay at frame=0 unit =0 step
0 x

Return to “Art & Modelling”