S:44 Dump - Page 6

S:44 Dump

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Deathblane

Post by Deathblane »

You realise you're missing two key soviet units

Flag Carrier - Inspires troops and gets shot at
Commisar - Shoots retreating troops

It's a good thing you decided to share your unit lists with us so we could pick up on things like this before it's too late.

OK more seriously this mod is looking to be a mightly impressive historic wargame. I can't wait :-)
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Lol

The funniest part is, those could actually be done now, what with our suppression stuff. Could make a unit that infantry scripts check for to help them keep their cool... and a unit that checks for coward pinned infantry and shoots them!

And yes, the Panther has chickenpox!
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

Don't forget to make the commisar useful.. when he shoots some pinned infantry the other ones that are pinned should be quickly unpinned from the fear.
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

Zpock wrote:IS-3 apparantly showed up for the victory parades... too late I guess.
That is right. First IS-3 tanks left the factories in first days of May, 1945, trials were completed no sooner than 15th of May, so they were too late for the fighting. They were shown at the Berlin parade.
First combat use of IS-3 is probably some Israeli-Arab war, Egypt had those tanks (and lost some of them because of crew incompetence).
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Do you need a german to skim over the german unit names to correct grammar and such?
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

SpikedHelmet wrote:Lol
The funniest part is, those could actually be done now, what with our suppression stuff. Could make a unit that infantry scripts check for to help them keep their cool... and a unit that checks for coward pinned infantry and shoots them!
sweet, russians NEED flag carriers and commisars, most the troops were conscripts
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:sweet, russians NEED flag carriers and commisars, most the troops were conscripts
Well, ALL the troops were conscripts, USSR had no professional army at the time. Just like most other countries back then, btw.
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

yeah, German localisation would be nicve actually... we also really need Russian and German speakers to make unit sounds! And American and British... but RUssian and German are the harder ones. Anyone speak Russian or German and have a good mic that can take good soundclips?
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

Well, I speak Russian, and I live in a Russian-speaking area. I'm not sure what mic will be good enough, I have some cheap ones (never had any need of anything better). What kind of sounds are needed?
Agon

Post by Agon »

Same for me, only I speak German.
I can help with some sounds. Maybe I can steal the microphone from me sister. :wink:
espylaub

Post by espylaub »

I speak german and have some good sound equipment (SM58 and a good sound card). Don't know how well my voice will fit though. PM me if interested and write down a couple of phrases you want recorded, just as a test.

Mod looks great, btw.
Deathblane

Post by Deathblane »

I would guess the more variety the better.
Not that I speak Russian.
Or German.
So I guess I can't help.
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

What we need is fairly simple:

Two or three variations of generic response to an order (ie, "Roger!", "Yes sir!", "Right away!")

Two or three variations of generic proclamation of arriving (ie "Hold this position!", "Awaiting further orders" etc)

Some vehicle variations of the above (ie "Vehicle in position" etc)

Two or three variations of generic 'selection', when units are selected (ie, "Yes sir?" "Ready for orders." "Yeah?")

Now as you will be acting, imagine that there is a gigantic person peering at you from the sky, giving you orders, and you are responding to him/her. ;)

Actually, we probably also need all of that in American and "British" English as well.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Wait, you can have multiple acknowledgments now?
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

do you just want those clean or does it need raido noise edited on
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

As far as I'm aware, you can still only have one sound per order in Spring, but presumably spike is going to mix up a few sounds for different units to give us some variation.
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Zsinj is correct.

And clean please, Ivory!
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

Cromwell WIP, unsmoothed and missing a few bits here and there.

smoth

Post by smoth »

Snipawolf wrote:Wait, you can have multiple acknowledgments now?
last I checked my sniper with two registered acks still only does one of them... so no.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

I hate when people make model renders.. Wings sucks so much it makes everything else look better.. lol

Return to “Art & Modelling”