Spads 64bit

Spads 64bit

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Spads 64bit

Post by Forboding Angel »

Awesome. Lost my entire post. Thanks tab suspender that isn't smart enough not to close tabs on pages with forms.

So long story short. Moving to 64bit. Uninstall strawberry perl 32bit, install strawberry perl 64bit. Look in documentation for if I need to do anything for spads 64bit. Can't find anything. Run spads with no issues. Spads auto managed stuff is set to 105.0. Downloads 32bit. Ruh roh. So I go looking again for threads on 64bit spads and come up mostly empty.

Switch to non-automanaged spring version pointing to 105.0 64bit dedicated. Server starts with zero issues.

Am I missing something here?
abma
Spring Developer

Re: Spads 64bit

Post by abma »

assuming you are using spads on windows: a quick look into the source code of spads leads to this:

https://github.com/Yaribz/SPADS/blob/1a ... ter.pm#L40

it seems spads has a hardcoded 32 bit windows: i guess because when this code was written, the win64 bit executable didn't exist:

either hope that bibim sees this thread or create an issue please at https://github.com/Yaribz/SPADS/issues
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Uh oh, that's highly unfortunate. I'll make an issue. Thanks for looking into it!
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

abma wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 06:45 it seems spads has a hardcoded 32 bit windows: i guess because when this code was written, the win64 bit executable didn't exist
Exactly. This is already on my todo list btw, it's just that it wasn't the best timing for me but it should be fixed soon :)
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Okies dokie, Thanks :-)
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Fixed in SPADS 0.12.21
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

is this in the stable channel? Spads reports to me that there is no update available for stable release.

Edit: I did a yolo and did update.pl testing -a
That got me to 0.12.18
I don't really want to switch to unstable?

Edit2: Ran the server and it switched back to 15. As I remember it, switching tags requires running the install file again. I need some direction.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Forboding Angel wrote: 03 Jan 2021, 02:36 is this in the stable channel? Spads reports to me that there is no update available for stable release.
No, changes are integrated in the "stable" release only when they have been extensively tested in the "unstable" release and then in the "testing" release. It can take one or several months...
Forboding Angel wrote: 03 Jan 2021, 02:36 Edit: I did a yolo and did update.pl testing -a
That got me to 0.12.18
At this exact moment this new change is only available in the "unstable" release, I might backport it in the "testing" release though if required, as it is a minor change with no external impact.
Forboding Angel wrote: 03 Jan 2021, 02:36 Edit2: Ran the server and it switched back to 15.
Running "update.pl ..." will only update SPADS components once, at the time the command is executed. It won't change SPADS configuration regarding auto-updates. So when you launch SPADS afterward, it checks its configuration to see which release it should auto-update/downgrade to, which seems to be the "stable" release in your case. That's why it automatically downgraded to the stable release which is SPADS 0.12.15 currently. If you want to change the SPADS release in use on your hosts, the correct way is to update your autoUpdateRelease configuration setting in spads.conf.
Forboding Angel wrote: 03 Jan 2021, 02:36 As I remember it, switching tags requires running the install file again. I need some direction.
I'm not sure what you mean exactly here, but no, you don't need to re-run the SPADS installer when changing SPADS release.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Forboding Angel wrote: 03 Jan 2021, 02:36Edit: I did a yolo and did update.pl testing -a
That got me to 0.12.18
FYI current testing release includes the fixes for Windows 64-bit.

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”