Calling for different map versions

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

PtaQ

Post by PtaQ »

I've already asked in many places and got no answer so its time for forums. Does any bold and fearless dweller of the spads mysterium have a clue on how to set a map whose name is a part of some longer map name? Example:

I want to set Talus - it gives me Talus wet
I want to set Comet Catcher Redux (original one) - it gets me Comet Catcher Redux 3.1 etc.
MasterBel2

Re: Calling for different map versions

Post by MasterBel2 »

Retrieve the maplist from the host, and it should give you a list, find the number of the map, and then use that to !map # to call the map u want :)
AKA PM me on discord if this doesn't make sense
PtaQ

Post by PtaQ »

Yeah, but only local maps are listed there.
PtaQ

Make spads prioritise exact match in map search

Post by PtaQ »

I would like to ask for a little tweak in how spads handles map searching. Currently it will always prioritise the longer map name, if it includes the string that you are searching for, ie:
If i call !map talus
It will result in Talus-wet
If I call tabula v6
It will give tabula v6.1

I can understand it was meant to work this way to prioritise latest versions of maps, but it also makes it impossible to use some of them at all. They can be however called using ID but that only works for local maps.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Actually SPADS does prioritize exact match compared to partial match.
But SPADS also prioritizes local maps compared to "ghost" maps, and it does this with higher priority.

For example if you have both maps "Talus" and "Talus-wet" in you local maps, "!map talus" will always choose the map "Talus".
However if you have the map "Talus-wet" in your local maps and the map "Talus" in your ghost maps, then "!map talus" will always choose the map "Talus-wet" because it's a local map.

Why is it done that way ?
Local maps are maps which are physically present on the autohost, so they are known and basically "validated" in some way by the autohost admin. On the other hand, although the "ghost map" feature can be quite handy, it can also go a bit out of control (especially if you enable the auto-learning mode).
For example, if you are used to switch to map "Delta Siege Dry" easily by typing just "!map delta", you don't want to have to change your habit just because one day some random guy hosted a fake map named simply "delta" to annoy you...

How to workaround this behavior ?
Just try to add ".smf" at the end of the name of the map you want to switch to.
This works because SPADS is still backward compatible with old Spring versions, which used to keep the "smf" extension in the map names handled by the unitsync library. A side effect of this is that you can use the ".smf" string at the end of your search string to indicate the string must be at the end of the map name.
So in your case, I guess "!map talus.smf" should do the trick.
PtaQ

Post by PtaQ »

Thanks for your response, all clear :)

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”