Boxes do not work, game wont start

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

Shongjen

Post by Shongjen »

Hi Guys,

I did a spads Autohost on a linux rootserver. The bot is working. Just when I want to start a game with boxes they do not work ingame. Its just looks like its not a game with boxes. also there its not possible to press the ready button.

I suppose its about some configuration stuff? I tried to solve the problem with searching a soloution on the spadswiki and in that big page of spads commands. But I didnt find anything working.

May someone can help me with it?

Greetings
Shongjen
Silentwings

Re: Boxes do not work, game wont start

Post by Silentwings »

Post your infolog? And spads logfiles?
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

What game? XTA does have this issue with engine 104, but it works with the other ones.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Btw, you can start the game with the forcestart command: use !forcestart or !send /forcestart, or alt-f
Shongjen

Post by Shongjen »

you mean the serverlog file?

and its about balanced annihilation. but i did a spads update a few days ago just didnt had time to test it yet. I will write again when i did it
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Ba isn't working well with 104 yet. Try 103.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

It would be nice if a new engine would work well on most games before it is released, and not like it's now that lets release this engine so we get people to properly test it.

Ideally, there should be a engine test group that works close together with the engine developers. Why not try to assemble such a group?
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Well organized games already do it - ZK, and to a lesser extent also BA, both conduct large scale tests of new engines & interact with engine devs about them.

(As I understand it, BAs reasons for not currently releasing a new version are not caused by the engine.)
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

It would be nice if a new engine would work well on most games before it is released, and not like it's now that lets release this engine so we get people to properly test it.
1) The major games managed to transition smoothly, take some responsibility for your own?
2) It would be even nicer if people like you actually tested the THREE RELEASE CANDIDATES that were made available before 104.0 instead of grossly mischaracterizing our release process, because then both parties could get what they want here.

At some point lack of (sufficient) testing quite reasonably stops being our problem and starts being yours.

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”