Can we get an autoban plugin?

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Specifically for exact words and phrases.

Specifically to be used for homophobic or racist slurs. I find it somewhat disturbing that there isn't something in place already.
gajop

Re: Can we get an autoban plugin?

Post by gajop »

Wouldn't you be the first one to get banned by such a system based on your discussion on discord? I doubt it would be able to reliably tell apart racism from talking about racism.
sprunk

Post by sprunk »

I find it somewhat disturbing that there isn't something in place already.
Ah yes, the default config is very niggardly, it's hard for players to peacefully have a gay time without naggers interrupting.
nixtux
TechA Developer

Post by nixtux »

Ohh it's gay time with sprunk everywhere.....
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae.

(For the curious, and any bruvva wid a monkey face, https://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/people/ma ... cmabridge/)
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

That's cute, but all of this is an aside. Just because there are potential pitfalls for too zealous banning, doesn't mean that you don't put anything in place for it.
sprunk

Post by sprunk »

I think the better use for such system would be to make reports for a human to handle it, not ban by itself. Overzeal is alright when it has no direct consequences but I don't think the community is big enough to be able to afford false positives that result in a ban. This is especially true when the filter is trivially circumventable and simply requires to be overzealous to be able to catch anything at all.

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”