Format of Trueskill values set by SPADS

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

i noticed, that recently skill values are in a different format it seems.

i.e.
SETSCRIPTTAGS game/players/playername/skill=#28#

what does the #..# mean? is there a description/documentation which formats are possible?

i'm asking as the parser of springlobby seems incomplete.

(i guess its related to viewtopic.php?f=64&t=34111 )
bibim
Lobby Developer

Re: Format of Trueskill values set by SPADS

Post by bibim »

Yes, it's due to the TrueSkill service being unavailable.

The normal skill value formats are documented in the post announcing the functionality (in the "Skill values" paragraph), but it's true that there are also following additional formats which weren't documented yet:
  • The "TrueSkill degraded" format: "#<skillValue>#" (example: "#28#")
    This format is used when the autohost is configured to use TrueSkill for skill values but the value couldn't be retrieved from the TrueSkill service yet. This means the skill value is actually a skill value estimated from lobby rank (directly or through IP rank or chrank).
  • The "plugin skill" format: "[<skillValue>]" (example: "[12.34]")
    This format is used when the autohost is configured to use values provided by a plugin for skill values (this can be an alternate TrueSkill database, ELO, Glicko...)
  • The "plugin degraded" format: "[#<skillValue>#]" (example: "[#12#]")
    This format is used when the autohost is configured to use values provided by a plugin for skill values, but the plugin wasn't able to retrieve the skill value so it provided a fallback value instead, eventually based on the lobby rank but not necessarily.
These alternate formats should be very rare (AFAIK there is no skill plugin for SPADS yet except the Zero-K plugin which retrieves the Zero-K ELO values, but this plugin no longer works since new Zero-K infrastructure).

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”