Balance algorithm clarity and visibility for players - Page 2

Balance algorithm clarity and visibility for players

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

bibim
Lobby Developer

Re: SPADS AutoHost beta release

Post by bibim »

Actually, what I had planned was to show which players have the same clan preferences (without showing the real value), in a new column named "Clan". And this is implemented in Spads 0.9.7, along with clan tags fix explained above.
Spads 0.9.7 is only available in Spads unstable release for now (deployed on Spads0-4 autohosts).
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

i see what u did there and u rox.

what about 'one side pset' ?
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

That's what I called "clan tags fix": the fact clan preferences aren't handled as clan tags (using clan preferences you can't try to be in the same team as someone else if he hasn't set his clan preference, even if he has a clan tag).
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

ah ok, epic :D

my last and most important suggestion would be to set most of these things as default and impossible to change, coz other hosts totally fail with spads configuration, but meh, i know it wont happen :( anyway vgj
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

What I call "clan tag fix" is a fix of current behaviour, so it is included in Spads 0.9.7 and not configurable.
Same for the ability to see who uses clan preference in !status output: I don't see any reason to make it possible to hide this information, so it's not configurable.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

well, its the smallest problem of all tbh, main issue is fuked up balance (stuff u fixed, forgot how is called this % value). there are hosts with seriously terrible balance and only ur spads work properly :/ would be cool if other hosts, while updating their spads, could automaticly get ur config.

ok i leave u alone :D
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

SPADS config files are heavily customizable by autohost admins through includes of other config files, configuration macros etc., so I can't auto-update config files like this.
Instead, this fix will be included in the list of manual actions to be performed by autohost admins during next major SPADS update (SPADS 0.10.*).
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

btw, did u consider using 'cumulated' rank value instead of only highest one ? i bet there is a lot of gold vets with tons of silver stars
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Yeah I though of it, but I'm not sure it worths it tbh. It's not as if all smurfs of everyone were known by all autohosts...
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

i do something wrong or pset is not visible while ingame ? >> when i make !status during the game i dont see it :( how ghay

also, why this thread is not sticky ? XD
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Wombat wrote:i do something wrong or pset is not visible while ingame ? >> when i make !status during the game i dont see it :( how ghay
There are two different "status" managed by SPADS:
- the battle lobby status, where you can see lobby-related information
- the game status, where you can see game-related information

If a game is currently running, !status will show you the game status, else it will show you the battle lobby status.

If you want to see the battle lobby status when a game is running, you can do "!status battle".

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”