Feature request: improve vote system / prevent abuse

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

TradeMark

Feature request: improve vote system / prevent abuse

Post by TradeMark »

weird things happening on Spads4 autohost:
[2:07:15] * GodamnMother has joined battle
[2:07:15] * Spads4 * Hi GodamnMother (Highly experienced player), welcome to Spads4 (SPADS 0.8.4c, automated host). Say "!status" for information about the current running game, and "!notify" to be notified when this game ends.
[2:07:20] <GodamnMother> !stop
[2:07:20] * Spads4 * GodamnMother called a vote for command "stop" [!vote y, !vote n, !vote b]
[2:07:20] * Spads4 * 7 users allowed to vote.
[2:07:39] * Spads4 * Away vote mode for 7 users
[2:07:39] * Spads4 * Vote for command "stop" passed.
[2:07:39] * Spads4 * Stopping server (by GodamnMother)
[2:07:40] * Spads4 * Server stopped (running time: 18 minutes and 43 seconds)
[2:07:42] * Spads4 * Automatic random map rotation: next map is "Small Supreme Battlefield Dry.smf"
[2:07:43] * GodamnMother has left battle
one guy joins in the game when game has already started, and then he votestopped the server in a 8 player game, all alone, as a spectator out of the game.

i didnt even notice any vote call, since i was playing... but what ever, it was a nooby game anyways.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Re: SPADS AutoHost beta release

Post by bibim »

TradeMark wrote:weird things happening on Spads4 autohost:
one guy joins in the game when game has already started, and then he votestopped the server in a 8 player game, all alone, as a spectator out of the game.
As explained here it is a choice from both autohost admins (who set the default preference values), and autohost users (who can change their autohost preferences from the default values).
As a autohost user, if you disable your autoSetVoteMode preference (and set back your voteMode preference to 'normal' if it has been automatically set to 'away' by SPADS), then SPADS will no longer skip your vote when you're away/not responding.
Personnaly I think autoSetVoteMode is a good thing, although it allows some griefers to stop games when none of the players are reading the console in game, because it speeds up vote process a lot and save a lot of time. And you just have to report griefers to autohost admin as you just did so at least they get banned from the autohost.
However, in next SPADS release I will add a minVoteParticipation setting so that it will be possible to keep autoSetVoteMode enabled to speed up vote process, and still prevent votes from passing if too few players voted manually in comparison to the number of potential voters.
AreaFire

Post by AreaFire »

Can you also add that spectators or people in lobby are not able to votestop at all?

These people shouldn't have the right at all. There's been a few times where a handful of inpatient players waiting in the lobby will votestop. By a handful, I mean 3 or 4. This might be enough to meet minVoteParticipation, but still doesn't represent the will of those actually playing.

To reiterate:
1st line of defense is minVoteParticipation
2nd is no specs calling for votestop.
3rd is no people in lobby calling for votestop.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

AreaFire wrote:Can you also add that spectators or people in lobby are not able to votestop at all?
This is already possible since the first version of SPADS. AutoHost admins just have to edit the command rights configuration file (commands.conf).
AreaFire wrote:These people shouldn't have the right at all.
Sometimes the spring-dedicated processs can be stuck due to a bug (this used to happen a lot with AIs for instance), so it can be usefull to be able to stop it manually from outside the game. Also, this.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

what if you make it so 1 or 2 guys cant votestop it, would need more than 2 at least.

and their rank must be more than 3 so you cant just go and create a smurf account, join a game and votestop it alone.

these should be forced on settings, since theres ~30 autohosts that nobody maintains... i suppose they at least have autoupdate on.

or make it pause the game when someone votestops? then you can notice whats happening.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Could you please do something about this bot auto-accepting votes which nobody votes on?

At least 5 times I've been in a game where some random person joins and starts a !stop vote whilst everybody else is ingame, then nobody notices the vote and suddenly the game stops mid way because there's nobody who voted thus the vote is accepted.

It's ruined so many good games...
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

JAZCASH wrote:Could you please do something about this bot auto-accepting votes which nobody votes on?

At least 5 times I've been in a game where some random person joins and starts a !stop vote whilst everybody else is ingame, then nobody notices the vote and suddenly the game stops mid way because there's nobody who voted thus the vote is accepted.

It's ruined so many good games...
As said previously in this thread, the entire SPADS vote system is configurable by autohost admins AND users. In SPADS 0.9 I even added a minVoteParticipation setting to set the minimum percent of manual votes for a vote to be taken into account by SPADS (default: 33%).
I will switch standard SPADS stable release from 0.8 to 0.9 soon, so your problem shouldn't happen anymore with up to date autohosts... Actually, "testing" and "stable" SPADS releases should be the same soon, since I didn't code anything for SPADS for a long time...
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

for a two player battle, and spec are not allowed to vote, if one player is afk, the other one can't even vote spec the afk one
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Satirik wrote:for a two player battle, and spec are not allowed to vote, if one player is afk, the other one can't even vote spec the afk one
If he is flagged as "afk" in lobby, you should be able to use !specafk.
If spectators can't vote to force spec someone, then you can call a vote for kick instead. And if spectators can't vote for kick, then I guess you can complain to the autohost owner about vote rights configuration.

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”