SPADS map hashcode error

SPADS map hashcode error

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

A_Penguin

SPADS map hashcode error

Post by A_Penguin »

ERROR: Unable to retrieve hashcode of map "DeltaSiegeDry.sd7"

I have the map, as well as many others, but the SPADS mapHashes file is empty. This prevents SPADS from hosting a game. How do I fix this?

edit: The host learned a few map hashes from the lobby. I told the host to re-open the battle using a map that it has a map hash for, and now it is hosting.

If the host is left empty, and on a map for which it lacks a hashcode, it closes the battle. This is annoying.

edit: I figured out that I gave it the wrong map filename... but I fixed that. I still have the issue where I don't have hashcodes for 250 maps.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Re: SPADS map hashcode error

Post by bibim »

A_Penguin wrote:ERROR: Unable to retrieve hashcode of map "DeltaSiegeDry.sd7"
"DeltaSiegeDry.sd7" is the name of the archive file containing the "DeltaSiegeDry.smf" map file. It could contain several maps, so it's not a valid way to specify a unique map.
As explained here, you have to use the map name with .smf extension, and not the name of the archive file containing the map.
A_Penguin wrote:I have the map, as well as many others, but the SPADS mapHashes file is empty. This prevents SPADS from hosting a game. How do I fix this?
- SPADS doesn't need to store map hashes if the map is available locally
- SPADS doesn't write the dynamic data files (var/*.dat) in realtime. So if you want to check dynamic data files content, you must stop SPADS before to force a dynamic data flush.

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”