SPADS AutoHost testing - Page 2

SPADS AutoHost testing

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

KaiserJ
Community Representative

Re: SPADS AutoHost

Post by KaiserJ »

great job on the SPADS software, i really like some of the features that you've included, were i to have to choose a system for an autohost of my own, this would be it.

one thing i've noticed... using manage sometimes kicks players... i think by default instead of kicking them, it should spec them... i remember typing !manage in one of the spads, and i guess i was the weakest link in the balance, and it kicked me out of the server :D

i've had some ideas of integrating autohosting software with a database, so that you'd be able to grab information about your past battles, see who are the strongest and the weakest players etc... have the information available from a PHP based webpage rather than just using the !stats command... how easy would it be to get SPADS to inject data into an SQL database?

anyways great work!
bibim
Lobby Developer

Re: SPADS AutoHost

Post by bibim »

Error323 wrote:I'm very interested in the autohost idea as I'd like to host some games for spring to gather statistics. Can I get a copy? :D
Sure, I will release publicly a beta version when it's ready (this week-end I hope).
KaiserJ wrote:one thing i've noticed... using manage sometimes kicks players... i think by default instead of kicking them, it should spec them... i remember typing !manage in one of the spads, and i guess i was the weakest link in the balance, and it kicked me out of the server :D
I think you're mixing Springie and Spads, as there is no !manage command in Spads (Spads automatically manages battles without kicking players unless they are spaming the battle lobby).
KaiserJ wrote:have the information available from a PHP based webpage rather than just using the !stats command... how easy would it be to get SPADS to inject data into an SQL database?
Currently there is no !stats command in Spads. I think you're speaking about Springie, you should speak about all this to Licho here.
Concerning Spads, injecting data into database is very easy once appropriate standard Perl modules are loaded.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Re: SPADS AutoHost testing

Post by bibim »

Thanks to all who helped testing the alpha versions of SPADS by playing on it ;)

I released the firtst beta version yesterday, it's available here.

I will let the 4 Spads instances running for some time, and I will try to make an on-demand automatic autohost service. If you have any remarks on these autohosts, feel free to tell me about it here.

If you have questions/remarks about SPADS itself, you can put them in the global forum thread.
bashar

Post by bashar »

Im just curious, but you run all these SPADS servers on a same linux box?
And you dont have any bandwith pb?
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Actually, Spring doesn't require very much bandwidth (here is a typical bandwidth usage graph for a 6v6 server). Plus, currently Spads1-4 autohosts aren't hosted on my personnal connection but on a server with fiber optic connection (5Mbps upstream are reserved for this usage, which is much more than needed, even without QoS rules).
YHCIR

Post by YHCIR »

!kick only kicks players from the lobby, not from the game. If you try to kick someone that has left lobby, but is still in-game, it will say player not found.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

YHCIR wrote:!kick only kicks players from the lobby, not from the game. If you try to kick someone that has left lobby, but is still in-game, it will say player not found.
"!kick" will try to kick the player from the lobby if you enter the command in the lobby. If you want to kick someone from game, you can use "!kick" in game, or "!gKick" from anywhere (see "!help kick" and "!help gKick")
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

hosting S1944 in SPADS: change lines starting a 1356 to

Code: Select all

my @sides=("GER", "GBR", "RUS", "US");
        $teamsData{$nextTeam}= { TeamLeader => $userIndex,
                                 AllyTeam => $allyTeam,
                                 RgbColor => "$red $green $blue",
                                 Side => $sides[$p_battleStatus->{side}],
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Congratulation for patching the uncommented SPADS code! :oops:

I plan to improve SPADS genericity concerning mods soon. This should fix the mod-specific sides problem and ease the mod update operation on SPADS autohosts.

Until then, you may want to disable autoupdate as follows on your customized SPADS, or it could be overwritten during next auto-update:

autoUpdateRelease:
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

wasn't that hard, grep -i core ^^

do you plan to allow springie-like hosting of maps which are not available on the local filesystem?
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

imbaczek wrote:do you plan to allow springie-like hosting of maps which are not available on the local filesystem?
Not right now, but I will take a look at it. If it only requires an additional config file containing map names and hashes + auto-learning of other hosted maps, then I will add it for sure. But I don't plan to use the torrent system in spads...
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

springie can use pregenerated hashes, so maybe it'll even be possible to use the same config format?
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

imbaczek wrote:springie can use pregenerated hashes, so maybe it'll even be possible to use the same config format?
I think I will store the Spring engine version in the map hash data file (because of base files changes between version), so I doubt it would be compatible.

Btw, I just updated current "testing" release of Spads. It should work for S1944 and any other mod without any changes now, so you can restore your autoUpdateRelease:

autoUpdateRelease:testing
Detailed changelog here

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”