Age of Mythology Engine

Age of Mythology Engine

A place for offers of Bounties and discussion of funded proposals.
pftq

Age of Mythology Engine

Post by pftq »

I'm looking for an engine close to that of Age of Mythology (pathfinding, god powers, random map scripts, multiplayer). Is there someone I can talk to from SpringRTS to see how much work it'd take to get the engine here close to that + pay for the dev work of doing so?
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Re: Age of Mythology Engine

Post by FLOZi »

Highly unlikely to get anyone willing to be paid to make engine changes for you (the bounty forum never really took off and has been dead for years).

However, good news is the engine already has what you want (pathfinding, multiplayer) or the facilities to implement all you need via the lua API. There are even potentially relevant scripts in existing projects for stuff like god powers. The only question mark is what exactly you mean by random map scripts.
ivand

Post by ivand »

pftq wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 00:27 I'm looking for an engine close to that of Age of Mythology (pathfinding, god powers, random map scripts, multiplayer). Is there someone I can talk to from SpringRTS to see how much work it'd take to get the engine here close to that + pay for the dev work of doing so?
Have you tried some existing spring "robot" game and figured out what's missing specifically?
Also why not 0 a.d.?
MasterBel

Post by MasterBel »

wrt random map scripts, this may be of interest
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

pftq wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 00:27 I'm looking for an engine close to that of Age of Mythology (pathfinding, god powers, random map scripts, multiplayer). Is there someone I can talk to from SpringRTS to see how much work it'd take to get the engine here close to that + pay for the dev work of doing so?
Spring already has these things. Ask around in #modding on the ZK Discord to get started. I say this because I recommend modding an existing game to get your bearings, before embarking on a fresh project, and ZK has some modders.

https://discord.com/invite/aab63Vt

Return to “Bounty Offers”