Completely new all-game usable build menu (Chili) - Page 2

Completely new all-game usable build menu (Chili)

A place for offers of Bounties and discussion of funded proposals.
raaar
Metal Factions Developer

Re: Completely new all-game usable build menu (Chili)

Post by raaar »

The default UI used on *A games mostly needs this (and other games already have some of it):
- separation between other commands and build menu
- filter for unit categories (i'm gonna go with just 4 : economy/resources, factories, defenses, mobile units)
- button that shows the current build orientation and toggles it on-click
- buttons to increment and decrement build spacing

I've been playing spring games for years and in the heat of the moment never know how to change build orientation and spacing....Frustrating.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

I've been playing spring games for years and in the heat of the moment never know how to change build orientation and spacing...
Have you tried just reading the keybinds list for whichever games you are interested in? Failing that, the wiki offers you uikeys.txt, Spring.SendCommands("bind ... ") and widget:KeyPress to create your own. Slightly off topic but seems easy to sort that issue out.
raaar
Metal Factions Developer

Post by raaar »

Silentwings wrote:
I've been playing spring games for years and in the heat of the moment never know how to change build orientation and spacing...
Have you tried just reading the keybinds list for whichever games you are interested in? Failing that, the wiki offers you uikeys.txt, Spring.SendCommands("bind ... ") and widget:KeyPress to create your own. Slightly off topic but seems easy to sort that issue out.
I think i did customize them at some point. But then lost it later and never cared enough to tweak them again.

The point is that those should show up as UI buttons when builders are selected.

I'm going to add them to the UI on my game.

Return to “Bounty Offers”