Basic Plot and General change of Development

100% composite steel

Moderators: Karl, Moderators, Content Developer

Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

So as you can see recently in my development thread that I have changed the course,
that the Panzer Elite start using Soviet Equipment instead of some rather custom ones.

I shall now explain.

Plot:

The Global Collapse:

25th March, 1970
20:00 1+ GMT

It happend all of suddenly, bright flashes at the horizont
and ear shattering explosions could be heard, a mass panic ensured,
the media and the government official tried to calm down the population,
with no success.

As the death count rise up city's and towns are engulfed in flames,
smokes could be seen from afar. There is still no end in sight for this
terror and countless destruction.

31th March, 1970
15:00 1+ GMT

As things have calmed down now the surviving Citizens are traumatized of what happend
partially everything was destroyed, the forest where scorched and the streets are filled up
with corpses of people and animals, the buildings are now bunch of pitch black rubble's.

14th April, 1970
13:12 1+ GMT Estonia

With out of sheer luck a good bunch of the Estonian Army survived the Collapse,
even through the soldiers are partially worried and unaware of the ongoing
chaos.

Nobody knows where their government are gone, if they are kidnapped or killed
in action is unknown. The Generals decided to reform their ranks, restructuring their Army
and taking the matter for themselves.

Now all what is left to do is preparing for facing the new threat.

17th April, 1970
10:05 1+ GMT Estonia

Scouting and Rescue mission has been started to see if anything is left to scavenge in
those ruins.

They where shocked to see what happend as they already drive close to the towns border they
could already smell the disgusting stink of death bodies and ashes, they could not count the total
damage but they already guessed the total damage of the collapse was unbelievable immense
they would be really lucky if they could find anything at all at what is left of the town if it could
be still called as one that is.

So far during their mission only a handful exasperated survivors could be found and some items such as
in dust covered food, some ammo and junk could be scavenged most of them was destroyed or in very bad shape.

The soldiers realized that from now on they must fight until the bitter end against this cosmic threat,
otherwise the mankind will be doomed eternally.

Failure is not a option.

I have to admit my story writing is not my greatest strength so I guess
it would be normal if some of you may think it is a bit cheesy or so.

Oh well atleast It gives me basic idea how I should shape it further and such.

Gameplay:

My Game will heavily focus on PvE instead, with semi-realism balance which means if one faces a tank, the Player needs to use
a appropriate measurement, hurling light vehicles with insufficient AT weapons will be catastrophically.

A Full-scale assault on a heavily fortified base with insufficient Artillery will be just as catastrophically, just so you can get the basic idea.

Tiers: I try to balance that each vehicle will be still useful on way or other and on later Tiers they will come back in upgraded form
Including alot of specialized vehicles and some custom ones.

Faction: Panzer Elite (Player, working title)
Technology Access: 1940-60 Era Soviet equipment, some western equipment, hardware and blueprints from army bases and factory working for them,
vehicles rescued from swamps which are majorly during the 1939-45 period.

Enemy Types: Aliens, Mutated humans/animals.
Last edited by Karl on 17 Oct 2015, 01:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added a missing gap
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: Basic Plot and General change of Development

Post by PicassoCT »

You did something very good .. you left something for the players to ponder over- what was the calamity that let the world slide into chaos?
Do not try to answer that..

Give your units Voice Overs implying the catastrophe scarred them.
"Lets get this over with.."
"Everything is better then the memories.."
"The screams, i hear the screams.."
"A kingdom for a drop of hope.."
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

PicassoCT wrote:You did something very good .. you left something for the players to ponder over- what was the calamity that let the world slide into chaos?
Do not try to answer that..
Thanks. Well during such a attack out of the blue, obviously one cannot figure out quickly what the hell it was that attacked Earth.
It takes a bit of time for that to happen and well everyone would panic and it takes a decent amount of time thill they understand what happend
and acting according to it.

But the first one in the eye of the player doesn't really matter as I already mentioned that I am going to add Aliens for the invasion game type (known here as
chicken/robot defense) and as a AI faction, which means the latter faction will have units optimized for AI's behaviors.

Oh well atleast it gives me basic idea how I should add additional content.

PicassoCT wrote:Give your units Voice Overs implying the catastrophe scarred them.
I need to find some voice actor first.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

You got to train yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9Y3tkYgTsM

Also, why not keep it mysterious:

Make multiple diffrent EnemyModels, and Show/Hide them - and sometimes not show them at all.
There can be different enemys, and the representation is just what your soldiers see - or not see fighting it.
"It was a giant flying saucer.." vs "It was a BioMass floating above ground.." vs "Fog went up, and everyone just fired into the general direction.."

If we had transparency and morphers, you could even blend live between those- creating the ilusion of fighting a delusion
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

PicassoCT wrote:You got to train yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9Y3tkYgTsM
Too bad that I spend all my yuropoor bucks for beer and I dont have a high quality mic let alone a isolated room.
PicassoCT wrote: Also, why not keep it mysterious:

Make multiple diffrent EnemyModels, and Show/Hide them - and sometimes not show them at all.
There can be different enemys, and the representation is just what your soldiers see - or not see fighting it.
"It was a giant flying saucer.." vs "It was a BioMass floating above ground.." vs "Fog went up, and everyone just fired into the general direction.."
Hmm sounds interesting... I need to toy around with LUS first.
PicassoCT wrote: If we had transparency and morphers, you could even blend live between those- creating the ilusion of fighting a delusion
Which will never exist. What a shame.
Anyway thanks for the input.
code_man

Post by code_man »

Sounds good, spring would benefit of more PvE games.
If you want to use WW2 stuff you can steal from spring 1944, their graphical assets are CC-BY-NC, so you can use them as long as you dont make cash of it, and flozi hinted that the wanted to make a 1960s mod, but never gets around to it, maybe you should ask him if he has already made any assets.

What will happen with the stuff that you already made? Seemed good, i hope youre not gonna throw it into the trash.

Anyway looking forward to this.
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

code_man wrote:...
Yeah its because I am more of a PvE type myself, especially because I played alot of these games such as Serious Sam.

And I dont plan now in the future or what else making money of my game, for that I really need to have a decent graphical skills,
which I currently dont have, about S:1944 content hmmm maybe as a placeholder at best.

And even if I have a decent graphical skill I would at best sell a few models instead. When was it the last time a commercial project was successful using Spring?
There is none and the last one that tried (P.U.R.E.) failed at that, despite that Argh made a decent effort on it.
code_man wrote:What will happen with the stuff that you already made? Seemed good, i hope youre not gonna throw it into the trash.
With the stuff I already made? Making a game of course, or if you mean about the license well I aint going to be overprotective about it,
basically all the content I have made for it will be CC-BY-NC which should be good enough.

And no I dont want to throw it away to the gutter, there might be times where I might freeze it for a bit or a slowed down progress but thats it.

code_man wrote:Anyway looking forward to this.
Thanks.

Return to “PanzerStahl”