Access Violation trouble

Access Violation trouble

Old Evo threads before move to own site

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

Vilo512

Access Violation trouble

Post by Vilo512 »

Okay, I'm sick and tired of trying and trying everything I could grasp from the forums or whatsoever. So I turn to you, fellow Evofriends so you can help me with my trouble. I keep getting crashes whenever I start a game. It gives me the "Access violation", unhandled exception error code.

It gave me a log, so here it is for you, if anybody can help: http://pastebin.com/wNTRZN8j

Thanks in advance and keep at the good work! This is the best RTS I've played so far (and I've played a lot) and I see loads of potential here! Keep at it!
Silentwings

Re: Access Violation trouble

Post by Silentwings »

In the log:
[f=0000000] Error: This stack trace indicates a problem with your graphic card driver. Please try upgrading or downgrading it. Specifically recommended is the latest driver, and one that is as old as your graphic card. Make sure to use a driver removal utility, before installing other drivers.
knorke

Post by knorke »

In lobby, go to settings and check the "safemode" checkbox.
If that...
a) ...does work: Good, but game will look not as nice because it now uses minimal "safe" settings.
Uncheck safemode again, see http://springrts.com/wiki/Springsettings.cfg and test out which settings you need to set to their "safe value." (The last row in table)

b) does not work: report back. Install newest video drivers (usually a good idea anyway)
And maybe: http://springrts.com/wiki/FAQ:trouble#I ... _hangs_etc...
Vilo512

Post by Vilo512 »

Silentwings wrote:In the log:
[f=0000000] Error: This stack trace indicates a problem with your graphic card driver. Please try upgrading or downgrading it. Specifically recommended is the latest driver, and one that is as old as your graphic card. Make sure to use a driver removal utility, before installing other drivers.
Jesus, I feel like such a douche... I could only read tons of letters, lol. Thanks a lot anyway. I'll try to downgrade the ATI driver.

Edit: didn't want to doublepost, but in response to knorke... It worked like a charm before the last ATI driver's update. I left the game apart for a week or two and then boom, the update and it didn't work anymore. I didn't want to uninstall the driver so I supposed another solution would be available. I'll just keep the last driver (because the new ATI R9 series one is a pile of dragon shit) and try, then I'll tell you what the game did.
Last edited by Vilo512 on 10 May 2014, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Warning: Incompatible game-checksum: Checksum of 27384fa909f4a1b6cba1351761a67a39.sdp (checksum 0x84e38de6) differs from the host's copy (checksum 0x1). This may be caused by a corrupted download or there may even be 2 different versions in circulation. Make sure you and the host have installed the chosen archive and its dependencies and consider redownloading it.
knorke

Post by knorke »

The "checksum 0x1" thing is normal I think. It is what some hosts report as default when they do not have the file or something.
Vilo512

Post by Vilo512 »

Okay, downgraded my driver from 14.17 to 13.12, worked like a charm. Thank you all!

Return to “Evolution RTS”