HELP STEAM USERS! - Page 3

HELP STEAM USERS!

Old Evo threads before move to own site

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: HELP STEAM USERS!

Post by PicassoCT »

No, to watch Forb go down on Steam-Users having valid points on UI-Design is low..

Could have taken the time to present some real arguments( e.g. TAs-UI was complex, we glued stuff to it, thats why)

or just admit that the guy was right..

http://steamcommunity.com/app/291150/di ... 917732326/

Forb, maybe that your are tired, overworked, but you know stuff that you can get away here on spring-board (Raging hard) - wont fly as a dev on steam. Better to be silent, then using the martyr card to get out of every argument.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

I was not raging nor angry Picasso. Get that straight.

I am, however, getting a little pissed off at spring people telling me what I am and am not feeling at any given moment.

Sarcasm does not mean someone is angry.

And no, he isn't right. He's comparing apples to oranges and calling them watermelons.

If anything, this has shown me who the truly good people in spring are.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

PicassoCT wrote:No, to watch Forb go down on Steam-Users having valid points on UI-Design is low..
Are you saying you don't think NOTA's action is low? C'mon, they are like vultures heading for a fallen elephant. Or ten for that matter.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Those hundreds of steam users in unisono have conspired to create the impression that the lobby-UI and game-ui are not gods final dump. What mighty enemys you must have forb, that they wield such powers.

And yes, some others here have a trouble with people having success. Nota good thing. Still this guy has some point. If you need to explain so much, you are doing it wrong.
No ifs not buts, not getting pissed, just plain fact.
Anarchid

Post by Anarchid »

Are you saying you don't think NOTA's action is low? C'mon, they are like vultures heading for a fallen elephant. Or ten for that matter.
Unsure what NOTA has to do with this? Is that Steam guy NOTA?
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Anarchid wrote:
Unsure what NOTA has to do with this? Is that Steam guy NOTA?
The link has been removed by Gajop but the page is made and hosted by NOTA guys.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

smoth wrote:
ismo wrote:P.S. We XTA players converted two Evolution RTS "players" (I bet they had not played evo at that point) to XTA players. They somehow got to XTA battle room, UPDATE: I noticed that somebody has added instructions to Steam discussions to remove Evolution RTS filter, and naturally some are using other lobbies too. Anyways good thing if we get few new XTA players.
yeah but joining the evo matches and trying to pull players away is a bit rude, you guys could give them a week or so before you start trying to use evo as your recruiting pool
If you read what he wrote: nobody joined evo matches to pull away people. They found their way themselves.

Besides: we should be united against the common enemy!
Anarchid

Post by Anarchid »

The link has been removed by Gajop but the page is made and hosted by NOTA guys.
They posted *that* page on Steam?

Seriously, how are those guys tolerated at all?
knorke

Post by knorke »

Anarchid wrote:
They posted *that* page on Steam?
no.
(i did not find it in any thread, including deleted ones)
gajop

Post by gajop »

FA@steam wrote:Also, you might want to remember... I develop the game, not the lobby.
Your users shouldn't care who develops what, it's you who's distributing the game. And since all the components of your game are also open source, it's actually reasonable to assume you would fix & configure them as needs be.
I don't want to blame you, but you can't treat (Steam) users like Spring devs, they can be more ignorant of the whole Spring system.
ismo

Post by ismo »

Yeah indeed we did not hijack any players from evolution battle rooms (or even from channel). Two players just randomly got to XTA battle room and we thought they want to play (and we to play with few new players too). So it was more like two clueless pagans wandering in forest and hitting our house, not any christian-orthodox (or vice versa) forced conversion :). Perhaps I should have not used convert verb at all.

Also, I was not referring to NOTA thing, I did not know about that. However I was referring to http://steamcommunity.com/app/291150/di ... 648530407/
There someone has given instructions how to remove Evolution RTS filter. I have not posted it (or any other post there). And I am not sure if that is bad or good thing, perhaps should have waited at least that 1 week that Forbidden requested earlier - and even better not to post it there at all. In addition, there was another thread on Steam refering to other lobbies. Naturally those lobbies do not have evolution RTS filter (by default on at least).

I hope all the best for Evolution RTS and the Steam launch. Always happy to see new players coming (even if to other mods). My sincere apologize if I have stepped on someone's toes.

Also I think one the biggest problem currently is session 1 (= new player first session) churn. That is if there was tutorial embedded to web lobby then it would be great. However I know it is not any fast thing to do. Tutorial is very critical in many games and it is important to have good tutorial (to prevent as much as possible inter tutorial player churn and also churn after completing/exiting tutorial).

P.S. I have today told about Evolution RTS game (gave its Steam link) to about 30-40 gaming industry professionals (in Finland, UK, Spain, India, etc). I hope at least few of them start playing Evolution RTS and/or any other Spring powered game.
P.P.S. Me being at Evolution channel is just to see the buzz and to help some players, not to fish anyone.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Cool, apparently there were people joining the matches trying to pull people to play ba etc. It happens at every release, even when I released gundam.

Always struck me as poor form.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Cool, apparently there were people joining the matches trying to pull people to play...
I'm sorry if there were - I don't want that to happen. As far as I can see there is nothing in it since whenever I was playing the leakage of newbie Evo-RTS players into the ZK/BA/XTA hosts looked very small.

Although mostly game developers seem to respect each others player base (at least these days - it wasn't always like that), short of monitoring all hosts 24/7 there isn't much anyone can do to stop some player thinking "I want more people in game X so I'll go ask in host Y".

But really - this is a tiny distraction compared to what's on http://springrts.com/wiki/EvoGreenlitList
Last edited by Silentwings on 10 Apr 2014, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
smoth

Post by smoth »

neither you or beherith would silent, you guys like most of the other content devs around here(excluding the cancer that is the nota guys) are pretty solid guys and just want all of spring to be a better place
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Guys, I want 2 things:

Bugs fixed
Butts in the lobby

In that order. I don't care what game they play. Evo will have enough players because of this. There are plenty of people to go around. But please, for the love of god, let us fix the bugs people are having in the lobby before making it even harder to track noobs all over the lobby in other games too.

In other words, wait a week, then you can do whatever the heck you want.

As I have said countless times... People forgot that, if evo is on steam, EVERYONE is on steam. That said, let us fix the UX first before making thing more complex for them AND me/us.
raaar
Metal Factions Developer

Post by raaar »

i use springlobby

on it we should see which lobby the other players are using. It'd make helping easier (and make it less likely to give advice for wrong lobby, adding to the confusion).
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

If their cpu is 7.8 GHz, then they use weblobby.
raaar
Metal Factions Developer

Post by raaar »

smoth wrote:neither you or beherith would silent, you guys like most of the other content devs around here(excluding the cancer that is the nota guys) are pretty solid guys and just want all of spring to be a better place
cancer?? why?

I joined a random evo server today for a few mins and there was a nota guy inside helping people play the game.
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

(click for fullsize)

Hard to talk about something such horrible as is notAcancer. Hard to talk about something bad, if talking about bad things is forbidden. If just talking or linking spread notAcancer, how we face it!? Truly Catch-22.

Third window missing, rules are same as before. Here is window sample, fill it as good you are able. The best window become official 3rd window of this strip.
raaar
Metal Factions Developer

Post by raaar »

notAcancer, yes, funny.

we should all get along etc.

there was a bug in an evo game that didn't end properly: after the last building was sold, the game didn't end and there were lots of lua errors.

attached infolog.txt

(it seems very rare, i've played a few dozen of evo games and it's the first time it happens)
Attachments
infolog.txt
log from evo game, with errors in the end
(200.7 KiB) Downloaded 25 times

Return to “Evolution RTS”