Evolution RTS

Evolution RTS

Old Evo threads before move to own site

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

Zoombie

Evolution RTS

Post by Zoombie »

Welcome to a new breed of mod for Spring. Prepare to engage in a war that changes every week, with objective based missions, evolving units, fast paced combat and a compelling plot line that YOU alter with every game!

Evolution
<This mod is made by Forboding Angel. I simply write the background>

On the planet I'ammas, a form of space/time warping has been perfected, allowing the I'ammans to travel from the surface of their planet to the most distant stars. However, the I'ammans were divided when it came to how to use these new machines, called Central Processing.

The Terrestrialists believed that if I'ammas could bring forth intelligent life, the rest of the universe could as well. What if, a Terrestrialist would say, we made contact with these races and found they had a greater military than us? Why risk it when we can stay home and be safe.

Explorers took an opposite approach. They pointed out the declining resources of I'ammas, the scarcity of resources on the other planets of their star system. They wanted to expand and to explore.

One day, a massed exodus of the Explorers took place. Quietly, a third of the population of I'ammas left. The bottom dropped out of the stock market. The government reeled under the economic crash. Inflation shot through the roof. And the Terrestrialists were left on I'ammas, a bitter people who looked for a scapegoat.

The Explorers found a distant world they named New I'ammas. Plague ran rampant after a few years of settlement and many Explorers started thinking that leaving the homeworld was a bad idea. But, still, they pushed forward. New colonies were founded and the Explorers entered a golden age as the plagues were controlled and beaten, then forgotten.

Then they bumped against the Xenos. The Xenos were quadrupedal aliens that lived on a resource rich world. They had just started fighting their first truly industrial war: Tanks, trucks, airplanes and crude atomics. But they were no match against the Explorers, who started to fight against the Xenos. Later, Explorer historians would claim the Xenos fired first.

Meanwhile, the Terrestrialists found a leader that could guide them out of recession and into glory. Gend, a quick thinking and intelligent woman who quickly maneuvered to the top of the Terrestrialist council. Within a few years, she had wrangled up a makeshift exploration program and military, partially to defend them against the imagined hostile aliens the Terrestrialists assumed lived throughout the galaxy and partially for payback against the Explorers.

The Terrestrialists jumped to a planet they hoped would have resources. What they found were Xenos. They fought. And then the Terrestrialist and Explorer forces bumped into one another. Someone fired first. And the war, fueled by a little more than two decades of bitterness and a moment of misunderstanding, was started.

Features

Fight as either the Terrestrialists or the Explorers. At first, both armies are somewhat similar, but as the war drags on, new innovations and new ways of killing will be introduced.

Affect the plot! Win a battle, change how the story swings. Favorite characters will fight and will die, depending on your generalship!

Action packed combat, loaded with new effects and features, such as morphing.

Commentator for every battle. That is, I will spectate and jabber away semi-helpfully as you play against your enemies.

So, if you want more of an insider's info, go to the forum

Forum: http://evolutionrts.eamped.com/
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Testers thus far include [EE]Decimator, [EE]Chapparal, Meltrax, Sehkmet, [PoCS]Overkill, [PoCS]Kamaroth, [XIII]Roxas, [LCC]Quantum, KDR_11 & [NR]Shadowstar.

Testing occurs on the SVN builds.
lurker

Post by lurker »

Yeah I should get in some testing games.
And work on that script stuff.
And generally not just sit here with an untouched .sdd.
>_>
<_<
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

For those interested, I have also posted a link to the newest release candidate on the EvolutionRTS forums. /me looks at lordmatt :lol:
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

lurker wrote:Yeah I should get in some testing games.
>_>
<_<
that makes two of us.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Pressure Line wrote:
lurker wrote:Yeah I should get in some testing games.
>_>
<_<
that makes two of us.
Three.
Sheekel

Post by Sheekel »

Four. UV mapping it very time consuming
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Five, I R very lazy :|
TheBigPK

Post by TheBigPK »

Sounds awesome, good work Zoombie :D (on storyline) I'm looking forward to this one. The YouTube vids are cool too, nice work on the game Forb!

edit: lol
Last edited by TheBigPK on 12 Dec 2007, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
kiki

Post by kiki »

+1

Same
smoth

Post by smoth »

TheBigPK wrote:Sounds awesome, good work Zoombie :D I'm looking forward to this one
Actually the mod is forb's baby.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Didn't anyone read thing under the big letters?

Yes, Forb approached me for writing the back story and we bounced off some ideas and he kept making units and we play tested a few times.

So, everyone should be bowing down to Forb and his clairvoyant space brain thing...
Last edited by Zoombie on 11 Dec 2007, 05:23, edited 1 time in total.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

Zoombie wrote:Didn't anyone read thing under the big letters?
no. we didnt ^__^ and. screenshots please! (i could make my own but i cant be bothered downloading an SDD with scripts etc :P)
smoth

Post by smoth »

forb has several videos on youtube.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

videos are no for me because i get absolute pooslice speeds off youtube (yay spend half an hour getting a 3 minute video! no thanks)
lurker

Post by lurker »

http://evolutionrts.eamped.com/topic4.html
If you want more than that you have to be a little bit less lazy or more patient. Let the youtube load in the background or something.

Edit: hmm maybe you could run it through coral cache or something? I'll look into an easy way to pull youtubes not from their server...
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Zoombie wrote:Didn't anyone read thing under the big letters?

Yes, Forb approached me for writing the back story and we bounced off some ideas and he kept making units and we play tested a few times.

So, everyone should be bowing down to Forb and his clairvoyant space brain thing...
Fixed :wink:
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Tired and sleepy, I tells ya.
ianmac

Post by ianmac »

what is the firest map in the firest vid?

Return to “Evolution RTS”