Sortale

Astral Valley

Post by Sortale »

https://springfiles.com/spring/spring-m ... ral-valley

Made by Aeonios with help from Sortale from Zero-k

Silentwings

Re: Astral Valley

Post by Silentwings »

Looks very pretty, but the seam in the middle between the two halves is too visible imo. Could also make the sand mounds on either side of the middle less symmetric, would make nicer visuals without any noticeable imbalance of gameplay.
Sortale

Post by Sortale »

I attempted that once, but the result cause some other bug/undesirable, so Aeonios roll back the change. it is mostly due to my terrain sculpting program leaving artifacts I will pay more attention to it on the next map. But I really think that I should just ship this one out.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

I just played two rounds with tzaeru on the map (http://replays.springrts.com/browse/map=1330/). Looks beautiful and plays well. Bots and veh move freely, surprisingly veh can drive on the hilly corners.

For 1v1 there are unusually much resources (both M and E), but if you know it, you can adapt your BP to it and make a 2nd lab (air) sooner.
Bots have the advantage of reclaiming up to 2x 1k metal at start, veh move faster and are strong in middle where there is space and its flat.

We didn't play 2v2, but it should work quiet well. Will try it out.

Thanks for the map - we had fun! Looking forward to more matches on it.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Beautiful map, but when looked at from a straight down minimap view it looks like somebody thrust hair straighteners into a carrier bag and opened them up to burn the plastic

Return to “Map Releases”